PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Honda Accord iPod Install - A users installs his iPod i...

MacBytes
Dec 21, 2003, 11:13 AM
Category: Tips and How To's
Link: 2004 Honda Accord iPod Install - A users installs his iPod into his Accord...the "right" way (list of various make/model aux input converters included) (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20031221121323)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Dec 21, 2003, 11:13 AM
I dunno - I wish this was cooler...

iJon
Dec 21, 2003, 12:46 PM
nothing special here, when i had my tl i used a blitzsafe adapter i hardwired my ipod to my car and it was wonderful, not that hard to do.

iJon

simX
Dec 21, 2003, 02:18 PM
I admire someone who would take apart their 2-day old car, only to route a cable just for an iPod. :)

iJon
Dec 21, 2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by simX
I admire someone who would take apart their 2-day old car, only to route a cable just for an iPod. :)
haha yeah, it is a scary feeling when you see your car striped apart and wondering if you will ever get it back the same.

iJon

punter
Dec 21, 2003, 09:42 PM
yeah. some stereos come with an line in on the front. Maybe you should just buy one of those.

iJon
Dec 21, 2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by punter
yeah. some stereos come with an line in on the front. Maybe you should just buy one of those.
then you have cables strung in the front and looks like crap, especially when you have a nice car like an 04 accord.

iJon

revenuee
Dec 21, 2003, 09:54 PM
So i didn't miss anything here ... all he did was add an A/V line running from his stereo to his hand rest, as to plug in the ipod?

iJon
Dec 21, 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by revenuee
So i didn't miss anything here ... all he did was add an A/V line running from his stereo to his hand rest, as to plug in the ipod?
yeah, i really didnt understand how it was macbytes worthy.

iJon

revenuee
Dec 21, 2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by iJon
yeah, i really didnt understand how it was macbytes worthy.

iJon

alright, cause i thought maybe i missed a page ...

umm wouldn't getting the FM transmitter be easier? there is even on with a car charger accessory.. I can appreciate the time he put it, but still i was expecting something better

iJon
Dec 21, 2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by revenuee
alright, cause i thought maybe i missed a page ...

umm wouldn't getting the FM transmitter be easier? there is even on with a car charger accessory.. I can appreciate the time he put it, but still i was expecting something better
i hate fm transmitters, them as well as tape deck adapters will never sound as good as a good hard wire to the stereo like he did, as well as what i did.

iJon

revenuee
Dec 21, 2003, 10:09 PM
i hate fm transmitters, them as well as tape deck adapters will never sound as good as a good hard wire to the stereo like he did, as well as what i did.

iJon

fair enough

gerardrj
Dec 22, 2003, 01:04 AM
then you have cables strung in the front and looks like crap, especially when you have a nice car like an 04 accord.
iJon
Non sequitor! Does not compute!
I never thought someone with the sense of style to purchase and use an iPod (or most any Apple product) would publicly state than an Accord was a "nice car".
*shiver*
If you want to make comments about nice cars, lets start talking about BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Or are those NICE cars?

iJon
Dec 22, 2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by gerardrj
I never thought someone with the sense of style to purchase and use an iPod (or most any Apple product) would publicly state than an Accord was a "nice car".
*shiver*
If you want to make comments about nice cars, lets start talking about BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Or are those NICE cars?
what a stupid post, a brand new 2004 240 hp accord with all the bells and whistles of a 2003 acura tl with a reasonable price is nice to me, who gives a s*** your definition of a nice car.

iJon

revenuee
Dec 22, 2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by gerardrj
*shiver*

Actually, your inability to see that the Accord is a nice car, shows us that you don't have "sense of style"

the time spent developing many of the technologies in Honda rivals the time spent in developing those you mentioned.

Lets not leave out that the price tag of Ferrari and Bentley makes them only available to a very small percentage of the population - if you are in the %, good for you

That said

Note: prices quoted in Canadian Dollars

the accord falls in the 30- 40 grand range

In that price, you have the BMW 3 series, the Mercedes C class, and the Jaguar X type, and Audi A4

if you compare price only, then your comparing the C240, the 325i, the X-Type 2.5, and the A4 1.8T

I've tested each of these cars, and i'm sorry to say that the accord V6 is a much more power full car,

a more accurate comparison would be between the C320, the X-type 3.0, the 330i and the A4 2.5, I've also tested out each of these cars, and all are pretty similar to the accord.

except that these cars are now in the 50 - 60 thousand price range - 10 to 20 more then the accord

jihad the movie
Dec 22, 2003, 02:41 PM
They are nice cars. For the average consumer, they pack a lot of power and quality in for the buck. For my mom, who is a teacher, the 04 Accord is the most expensive car she can afford, and probably the one she will get the most for her money. A C class Mercedes would cost the same, and it probably would not have nearly all of the features the Accord has. Granted, you get a Mercedes badge, but whatever, the car is still not a true Mercedes. Ferraris are great cars, no doubt, but hey, are you going to drive your Ferrari Enzo around in an Upstate New York Winter? Or take your family around in it? No. I am sorry that we are too poor to afford 100k+ cars, and can only afford crappy 30-40 grand cars that are within our means. Perhaps my mom should become a drug sales associate and get a second hand Lamborghini Countach.

revenuee
Dec 22, 2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jihad the movie
Ferraris are great cars, no doubt, but hey, are you going to drive your Ferrari Enzo around in an Upstate New York Winter? Or take your family around in it? No.

Lets not forget that Many of the "Super Sports" Cars, don't really have any luxuries for the driver, it's all engine ... There is 0 comfort level for the driver + passanger

and since these cars are so low, your gonna be stopping and checking every 5 miles to see if you still have the lower part of our car ...