PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in porting nike+ to iphone?

twoodcc
Jul 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
anyone interested in working on this?

Sky Blue
Jul 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'm sure Nike/Apple are

Jeremy1026
Jul 15, 2008, 12:36 PM
I am currently working on an application that mimics the Nike+ functionality.

twoodcc
Jul 15, 2008, 05:09 PM
I'm sure Nike/Apple are

i hope you are right, but if they aren't...

I am currently working on an application that mimics the Nike+ functionality.

really? do you need any help? also, i was thinking that we could email apple or nike, for the API's that they use for the chip that goes into the nano

Jeremy1026
Jul 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
i hope you are right, but if they aren't...

really? do you need any help? also, i was thinking that we could email apple or nike, for the API's that they use for the chip that goes into the nano

If you would like to help you'd be more then welcome to. The nano uses different technology, it uses the foot pod to connect. I plan on using GPS to track the persons movement.

twoodcc
Jul 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
If you would like to help you'd be more then welcome to. The nano uses different technology, it uses the foot pod to connect. I plan on using GPS to track the persons movement.

oh ok, i gotcha. the only thing is then it wouldn't work for the ipod touch also. maybe we could incorporate both?

Jeremy1026
Jul 15, 2008, 07:53 PM
oh ok, i gotcha. the only thing is then it wouldn't work for the ipod touch also. maybe we could incorporate both?

Its possible, I'm just starting on it, so if you want to talk about it further PM me, email me (Jeremy1026@gmail.com) or AIM me (drvnmylincoln)

Chundles
Jul 15, 2008, 08:30 PM
There are exisitng patents out there for this - it looks awesome, the extra screen space makes a huge difference.

twoodcc
Jul 16, 2008, 12:24 AM
Its possible, I'm just starting on it, so if you want to talk about it further PM me, email me (Jeremy1026@gmail.com) or AIM me (drvnmylincoln)

will do

There are exisitng patents out there for this - it looks awesome, the extra screen space makes a huge difference.

so does that mean we can't do it? (legally)

twoodcc
Jul 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
well i emailed sjobs (at) apple dot com about this. hopefully i'll hear something back