PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics....

absolut_mac
Dec 21, 2003, 04:00 PM
My teenage daughter is really starting to get into the pop/rock tunes from the 60's and 70's. She often asks me to sing them, so that she can learn the name of the tune and then look up the lyrics.

If one is into movies, www.imdb.com is an excellent site for giving the low-down on most movies.

Is there an equivalent site for song lyrics? One that gives the artists name, date recorded etc plus the words to the songs.

If there is more than one such site, please feel free to post as many as you know, as I'm sure that there are others here who will find the info most helpful.

TIA Gary, and Happy Holidays to you all :)

vniow
Dec 21, 2003, 05:16 PM
I just type in the song name and the artist (and sometimes the album too) along with "lyrics" and I usually find it in the first three or four pages.

As far as I know, there isn't one particular site that is best for it so I just use Google.

joeyjojoe
Dec 21, 2003, 07:50 PM
www.allmusic.com

the site is pretty close to a music equivalent for imdb. no lyrics though. you basically need to google for lyrics.

scem0
Dec 21, 2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by vniow
I just type in the song name and the artist (and sometimes the album too) along with "lyrics" and I usually find it in the first three or four pages.

As far as I know, there isn't one particular site that is best for it so I just use Google.

Thats what I do, and it hasn't failed yet.

scem0

mrjamin
Dec 22, 2003, 06:21 AM
you won't find many lyrics websites as they keep getting removed for copyright infringement.

absolut_mac
Dec 22, 2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks - your help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the Holidays, Gary :)