Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy Higgins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have a simple website built with iWeb for a friend. I have been using .Mac to host and now MobileMe of course. However, since apple changed to MobileMe all the pages have a strange white lines on the pages.

I have not changed anything on my side, pllease can someone have a look at the site here and let me know what they think the issue is, thanks !!!

http://web.mac.com/andrewhiggins1/Cakes_by_Cocochoux/Home_Page.html

Sorry didn't know how to insert page as a hyperlink on here!?? :eek:

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
The link should have hyperlinked itself. Make sure the "Automatically parse links in text" check box is checked beneath the posting text box under Additional Options.

Anyways, the problem only seems to appear on Safari, it looked fine with Firefox 3. Safari seems to be having some redrawing issues. Not sure if it's something you can fix.

shomenno

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Publishing error - bloody mobileme!

I am having problems, ever since the changes to mobileme I am unable to update my webpage using iWeb. All I keep getting is a nebulas error response stating "Publish Error there was an error updating.mac". I have never had a problem up until now and am pretty peeved, just as well I am not reliant on my webpage for business purposes - come on Apple, sort it out.

Shomenno

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I am having problems, ever since the changes to mobileme I am unable to update my webpage using iWeb. All I keep getting is a nebulas error response stating "Publish Error there was an error updating.mac". I have never had a problem up until now and am pretty peeved, just as well I am not reliant on my webpage for business purposes - come on Apple, sort it out.

Shomenno

Your problem is unrelated to the original poster's question. Please start a separate thread if you would like help rather than hijacking someone elses thread.

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
My iWeb experience has been severely compromised since the MobileMe transition. While my blog is publishing, it's doing so with errors: mainly, the comments feature does not work, even on previously published entries.

Last evening, it took me seven or eight tries to have my website publish at all. iWeb kept asking me to sign into .Mac after striking "publish," and after signing in, nothing would happen. So I would start the process over again, only to encounter the same problem.

When it did finally go through the publishing motions, I encountered a error that prevented my website from going online with my revisions. So, back to the beginning, which, while successfully uploading my site, this attempt again yielded a publishing error message, and my site published yet again without the comments feature.

I'm very frustrated. This MobileMe transition has been abundant with errors, and on the iWeb front, nothing, not so much of an acknowledgment, is forthcoming from Apple.

When I think that I had to buy iWeb and subscribe to .Mac (for over two years), I become for the first time very disappointed in Apple's customer service, or lack thereof.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.