PDA

View Full Version : new ipod touch / howto convert my dvds to watch and will my old cable work?

freeballer
Jul 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
I dun mind the "rental" charge in itunes store but there are some of my own movies I wanna watch also, i've got windows only atm (but can use my macbook if neede) and looking for the simplest "one click" program to convert a dvd into a good or high quality movie on the ipod touch. the only setting I'd like to have is slider for quality of audio/video and possibly 1/2 pass option....
Please some freeware recommendations, vlc has been tried and movie crashes all players and i don't think much of the commercial options.

Also.... I have an old "un-official" cable from my older video ipod.. one of those 3.5mm to video component "adapters", I've tried and not working on touch. Is disabled? changed? or updated? Is there a new dock available, cable, etc..?

mekopolis
Jul 15, 2008, 04:56 PM
i use "Total Video Convertor" to convert my videos/dvds
I use to use videora

and your old ipod to TV cables will not work, the Ipod Touch and Iphone have more connection points then the classic or nano cables..so you will have to spend another 50 bucks..but be wary about whether you are purchasing the Composite ones or the Component..the boxes look almost the same

also the quality is not the greatest, on either cable...before 2.0 i was able to use Total Video Convertor to create High Quality Videos, they took more space up on the touch, but looked better when viewing on the tv....As of 2.0 They not longer support the H.264 High Quality....I still use the Standard H.264 to convert..it looks great on the touch

hope that helps