PDA

View Full Version : New Improved iMac pounds Dell into the ground 'tar!

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:02 PM
So I went a smoothed out the animation and took it to limits I never thought possible. 48 frames of animation, 19.81k, added a little touch right near the end. What do you all think?

MrsBacktothemac
May 17, 2002, 09:03 PM
I can tell you that he is going to love it. It will take me a while to get there since I do not live on the computer like my husband does. Great job!! Looking forward to have you help me on mine :p

Backtothemac
May 17, 2002, 09:09 PM
Hey, it is 20,065 bytes, and will not let me upload it. :(

Any ideas?

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:29 PM
OMG, that is so friggin funny, MrsB2TM! Haha, oh, I love it. The first husband/wife members!

Sorry it was too big, let me send it to you again, shouldn't have been.

Coming right at you now,

D

krossfyter
May 17, 2002, 09:37 PM
good job duke. thats tight.

Backtothemac
May 17, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
OMG, that is so friggin funny, MrsB2TM! Haha, oh, I love it. The first husband/wife members!

Sorry it was too big, let me send it to you again, shouldn't have been.

Coming right at you now,

D

Hell yea boy!!!! Man, I love it. You are really good. Yes, the Mrs. has joined. :D

We are just waiting for arn to activate her account so that she can start a hi here I am thread.

C

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:40 PM
thanks krosfyter.

One thing I almost changed on it was for the iMac to say

By Dude!

but I thought that a little too much, the hi! is so much more appropriate, like pounding Dell's into the ground is something this cool little computer does all the time and takes it for granted.

resm
May 17, 2002, 09:41 PM
you should sell tickets to this show !

yes...looks more smooth (and better)

what about leaving one blank frame at the end of the "final blow"...otherwise if you only watch the end, the "hi" looks kind of related to the "Dell"....thats something we can not accept here :p

what about fading in to a light blue background colour when giving the "last blow" to give it a bit more "Aqua" look ? that would give it a bit more contrast to the white background of the "Dell".

only my 2 cts

AND.....welcome to your wife :)

Beej
May 17, 2002, 09:45 PM
Ooh, that's smoooooth duke. Nice shake of the head, too. Love it!

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by resm

what about leaving one blank frame at the end of the "final blow"...otherwise if you only watch the end, the "hi" looks kind of related to the "Dell"....thats something we can not accept here :p

what about fading in to a light blue background colour when giving the "last blow" to give it a bit more "Aqua" look ? that would give it a bit more contrast to the white background of the "Dell".

Thanks rsm.

His tar is non repeating, so I wanted it to have something interesting when the 'show' was over. I didn't want to waste the fun of watching a dell get pounded by repeating it ad nausium, it makes it a little more special and allows it to stay around for awhile without getting old to fast.

I'm pushing the colors to the limit here, I don't have much ability to get anything else out of it in that regard - 48 frames man, do you realize how much that actually is? But I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks again.

resm
May 17, 2002, 10:16 PM
To 1. sorry...I didn't think about the "non repeating" since I was just
watching your "show" :)

To 2. no...I didn't realize since I have NO idea how to do it. (I hope one
day I can)

so as I said.......me just a customer :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:22 PM
u are really....really....REALLY GOOD!!! :D :p :) :cool:

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
u are really....really....REALLY GOOD!!! :D :p :) :cool:

Now to find someone to pay me.......

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:30 PM

Now to find someone to pay me.......

how much is the Rodney Strong Zin?

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

how much is the Rodney Strong Zin?

Whoa, hold on there hos! I'm not talking about the 'tars, they're easy and a lot of fun. I'm talking about a real job, I'm currently looking, even though I still employed. I just need to find a place that respects and understands what I can do, unlike the company I work for now.

Thanks for the offer, anyway.

D

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the offer, anyway.

D

alright then...I was willing though...no worries ;)

britboy
May 19, 2002, 01:02 PM
I just need to find a place that respects and understands what I can do...

don't we all... ;) :p

That's a great bit of animations there Duke, good job! I just can't help but wonder if you're spending all your time making 'tars for members here at macrumors rather than actually working

:eek: :D

Just kidding. It looks great.

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by britboy

That's a great bit of animations there Duke, good job! I just can't help but wonder if you're spending all your time making 'tars for members here at macrumors rather than actually working

I have a few computers and I've been doing a bunch of rendering, so it gives me some time to go do other things now and again. And anything that increases my understand/expertise of a software package or artform isn't wasted time. I've been unusually productive lately, don't really know why. And I really enjoy making the tars, they're too damn fun.