Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Many of the issues reported here are definately with the service, and even teh basic functions are either broken or intermittent.

I was able to easlily populate my MM contacts with Outlook data, including Groups, yesterday, and they all came down into my iPhone just fine. But after several unsuccessul attempts at syncing up a second computer I basically had to manually consolidate and organize contacts spread over the two machines, and start from scratch.

Now, I can't get MM to populate at all.

The only support article says to log out then back in again, and from posts here, I've also tried different things. It would be nice to have some communication from Apple what the known issues are, and when certain features are down.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
i think there are a few people complaining a LOT to make it look worse than it is.

:confused: Are you serious?? I guess the NY Times, MacNN, TUAW, The Inquirer are "just a few people complaining".. Apple totally blew the rollout of MobileMe, plain and simple.

And to the OP, no, Apple won't acknowledge it. Apple never acknowledges anything, which if often frustrating.

mikeyPotg

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2006
what "issues"

damn thing works fine....i think there are a few people complaining a LOT to make it look worse than it is.

I dont think that's the truth. But anyway, someone mentioned on another thread that apple said it would be fixed within 48 hours I think? But really, who knows.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
what "issues"

damn thing works fine....i think there are a few people complaining a LOT to make it look worse than it is.

Well, for example, the issues that I mentioned I was having. And since others were reporting the exact same thing, it stand to reason there's something not right with the system. On the other hand, there may be issues with certain configurations, ISP's, who knows?

So call it complaining if you will, but I would just like to know the official status is all. So - glad it's working for you!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Apple never acknowledges anything, it just silently removes the previously uttered statements and pretend it never should be as you expected.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.