Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Apple has posted a placeholder page for the official MacWorld San Francisco 2004 Keynote Speech.

Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs deliver the Macworld Expo keynote address from Moscone Center in San Francisco. See the live webcast right here on January 6 at 9am PT exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4. It's an event you won't want to miss.

IDG just confirmed last week that Steve Jobs will be giving the MacWorld San Francisco 2004 Keynote speech.

As previously reported, MacRumors will also provide live web and IRC coverage for those unable to tune into the stream.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
ITS A ???

Guess the Product place your bets right here:

VPod
G5 iMac
quad Based power books
Newton 2
New eMac sort of thing

add more if you wish lol

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Bookmark.

That'll be 11am my time.

I hope they allow for 56k connections because I will surely try even if it's abit messed up with distortions.

I want to see how well my predictions came through in the final rinse.

punter

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2003
Australia
oh I'm stoked about this news! I love the video streams but live ones are just gold. Except it normally works out to be about 1am my time.

Hope there's some nice new stuff that I can take advantage of. Like itms Australia!

PensDevil

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2003
PA
sat. location? anyone?

Does anyone have any word on the coordinates and transponder for the satellite feed?
We've got a pair of bog old C-band / Ku-band dishes up on the roof, and this is one of a handful of times they actually get used anymore. It's a post-holiday tradition... the entire tech staff takes a long lunch break to eat some pizza and watch, er, submit to Jobs' reality distortion field. Wouldn't want to miss that.

ph_555_shag

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2003
Adelaide Australia
anyone know what that is in EST. or CST?... on that note r there any good web pages for converting times?

edit: SF is -8 (GMT)

edit2: it's bloody 3:30 am jan 7 in adelaide... well no sleep that night i guess

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Originally posted by punter
oh I'm stoked about this news! I love the video streams but live ones are just gold. Except it normally works out to be about 1am my time.

Hope there's some nice new stuff that I can take advantage of. Like itms Australia!

I hear ya! Last time, I got up at 3 or 4 AM to take a leak and got sidetracked. Ended up watching the damn thing.

Originally posted by MattG
Ugh
Of course it's on the day I go back to work :)

Oh well.

I hear you, too. I go back on the 5th.

Squire

P.S. Oh, I'll be conservative and predict smaller, cheaper iPods and G5 Xserves. For my going-out-on-a-limb guesss I'll say a kickass word processor, a sub-mini notebook, new G5 iMacs, and a pen to hook up to one's iPod.

One more thing- a headless anniversary Mac.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I love this time a year.

Have a happy Steve-note everyone :D.

p.s..oh....and a happy Xmas :D :).

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
I'll keep that afternoon clear. There are three types of Macworlds, the ones that garner gasps of delight and uproarious applause, the ones that garner delight and applause, then the ones like last year which just had gasps and... well just gasps unless you counted the crickets chirping while Jobs said "and this insanely great new G4, we're going from 1.4 to 1.42 GHz... [crickets, a cough is heard at the back]" Okay, that last bit didn't happen but last years did bit major arse.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Yes!

It will be at 6 pm over here.....

Gonna enjoy it on a beamer with a pizza and a coke, with some colleagues at work!

Love it!
Got it bookmarked, ofcourse ;)

tny

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by the future
Come to daddy, 20th anniversary G5 cube...

Don't get your hopes up too high - that will probably be a 20th anniversary G4 cube. Imagine how tough it would be to cool a G5 cube?

Based on the job listing, the vPod isn't for this MacWorld.

G5 XServes, new Cinema Displays (and the end of the Studio Display), speed bumps all across, iWrite, and one more thing --- Office vi.X.

earlopogous

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2003
Originally posted by tny
G5 XServes, new Cinema Displays (and the end of the Studio Display), speed bumps all across, iWrite, and one more thing --- Office vi.X.

Dont you mean v.Xi?

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Here's my guess:

1. New PowerMac speeds, including the 2.0 gig goal announcement (avail this summer)
2. PowerBook roadmap. The last powerbook revision (17" gained .33Ghz, and that's it) didn't have much spark in them, so he's gonna talk about the new ones.
3. A new iMac released "today"
4. A bounch of spouting off about how great the iPod is, and possibly release a minor updated version, maybe software only. Members will all get gift certificates and some pepsi.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I see PowerMac speed bumps, G5 xServes and LCD updates - these are the product lines which are in need and overdue for updates. On the software side, I see updates to iApps, in line with all the rumors that have been floating around. Past that, I don't know how many amazing new announcements Jobs is going to give all at one event! More updates might start to border on too much! ;)

As for the G5 iMac, anything is possible, but I don't see the G5 iMac coming out until spring 2004, with the G5 PowerBook hot on its heels (pardon the pun regarding G5 PB heating issues). To reiterate my thoughts on the G5 iMac, I believe it will have a completely new form factor, be more sleek and slender rather than a perfect dome, the monitor will extend out from the back of the base, and arc forward, and it will have a 1.6 or 1.8 G5 in it, with all the gear that the current PMs have (since the PMs are all going to be upgraded). I also predict the new iMacs to cost around $3000, thus effectively removing it from the consumer line due to the high price, leaving the eMac as the only true consumer level model, with this new iMac becoming a mid-level product.

Just my crazy predicitons - only time will tell! :cool:

Hawthorne

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
In front of my Mac
My Guesses

In order of probablity:

1. New G5 PowerMacs, speed-bumped up to dual 2.4-2.6mhz.
2. G5 iMac, with single 1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 G5's and redesigned form.
3. New LCD monitors, redesigned with lower price points.
4. Updates to current iLife Apps with new features.
5. New iLife app - AppleWorks replacement.
6. Cheaper iPod ($200, 5 gb).
7. Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Mac with new form factor.
8. And last, but not least, Steve will forgo the usual and walk out in Blue Dalmation mock turtleneck. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.