Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Hey all,

I'll try to keep this short - I have a UINavigationController handling my views. On my root view I have an option for the user to add an item to the view's tableView which then triggers a modal view (very similar to the "Add a Contact" in Contacts). So now I want to have this modal view also be able to navigate - pretty much identical to how the add a contact in Contacts work.

However, I can't figure out how to do this. When the modal view is loaded the original navigation bar (from the main navigation controller) is hidden behind the view. If I try to create an entirely new navigation controller to the modal view (this being the root view) I can't get it to actually show up.

In short I want it to appear/work identical to when you add a contact in Contacts but can't figure out how to do it - any help would be much appreciated!

Farani

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Hey all,

I'll try to keep this short - I have a UINavigationController handling my views. On my root view I have an option for the user to add an item to the view's tableView which then triggers a modal view (very similar to the "Add a Contact" in Contacts). So now I want to have this modal view also be able to navigate - pretty much identical to how the add a contact in Contacts work.

However, I can't figure out how to do this. When the modal view is loaded the original navigation bar (from the main navigation controller) is hidden behind the view. If I try to create an entirely new navigation controller to the modal view (this being the root view) I can't get it to actually show up.

In short I want it to appear/work identical to when you add a contact in Contacts but can't figure out how to do it - any help would be much appreciated!

Did you solve your problem? I was struggling with this for an hour or two and then I looked at the BonjourWeb example from the Apple Dev Center and I figured it out. If you want me to, I'll post up some code once it get it 100% working...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.