PDA

View Full Version : Fix Damaged library on Vista and 7.7?

KauaiBruce
Jul 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
I started up itunes this evening and it suddenly rescanned my music library and removed gaps (message something like that) from my music.

When it was done I suddenly lost everything I had ever purchased on the system. The files are there but the Library does not see them. All of the playlists are also gone. The music files are all there and so are the apps.

I have tried opening the damaged file (named iTunes Library (Damaged) 1) that is dated from yesterday but nothing changes.

I moved the library files away and restarted iTunes but I got back the same incomplete version of the library file.

When I hit the store button it asks me if I want to download an album I preordered 6 months ago and got back then. If I say YES it wants me to repurchase it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do not want to try to get through their support right now.

BTW: My iPhone 3G still has all its music and applications and itunes IS smart enough to deselect the option of syncing music and apps. When I tried to click the selection it warned me it would delete my apps from the phone if I continued.