Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benwiddowson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Apologies if this has been asked, ive had a quick look but cant find anything.

I have an iphone 3g, mac and a mobileme account. If someone sends me an email all 3 devices/mail programs show that the message has been received. If i read the email on the iphone both my mac and me.com show (eventually) that the message has been read. If i read the message however on my mac or me.com the other one shows the message has been read but the iphone still has the message as unread. I first thought that it might be a syncing issue so left it for a few hours to see if its updated. 6 hours later the message is still unread on the iphone. If i go into mail (on the phone) and click refresh it does update the read status of the email.

Any help would be grateful as its driving me mad.

DNC1970

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
It odes the same on my ipod touch

Can't offer any help but do sympathise as it is happening to me on the ipod touch. Synch up Mail on the iMac with MobileMe and the ipod touch. iPod starts by showing the one unread message in my mobile me minbox. Send 2 emails to my me.com e-mail address and an hour later my touch still says 1 unread. Go into MobileMe on the web and delete all 3 unread email messages, get up this morning 7 hours later and the ipod still says 1 unread.
Don't understand why some people report it is working, then for some it is going horribly wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.