PDA

View Full Version : so how late do u guys stay up anyway?

eyelikeart
May 17, 2002, 10:37 PM
on weeknights...I usually won't actually get to sleep till 1-1:30 am...and I usually wake up around 6:30-7...

what about u guys??

ps: yes I know this is lame...but I'm waiting for my callback to go out...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2002, 10:40 PM
Its 11:40 here, and I'm going to bed as soon as I walk the dog. Usually I go to bed 11-12 and get up arond 6:30 - 7, maybe 8 on the weekends, but the dog usually doesn't like to let us sleep in. It will only get worse when we have kids.

jelloshotsrule
May 17, 2002, 11:42 PM
12-2. get up like 9-10. unfortunately i can't sleep late at home.

3rdpath
May 17, 2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
It will only get worse when we have kids.

you speak the truth....if we're lucky the little one sleeps in till 6 or 6:30. but there's many a morning that starts at 5:30.....and the first 8 months of parenthood proves that sleep is purely optional. but having said that-having a child is THE most amazing experience-i highly recommend it.

re: how late do i stay up- i'm a nite-owl by nature and like to work when the rest of the family sleeps. usually thats till 2:30 or so, though that can easily turn into 4:30 depending on the deadline. and i always have to allow 20 minutes to read thru macrumors before shutting everything down.....

Backtothemac
May 17, 2002, 11:53 PM
During weekdays I crash out at about 1 am. I stay up late to post, and download stuff, and basically just have time alone. On weekends same time. Weekdays up at 7 and weekends about 8 or 9 if I am lucky. You are dead on when you say kids change it. My daughter will not let me sleep through SpongeBob SquarePants. ;)

Beej
May 18, 2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
12-2. get up like 9-10.Me too. Wow, we must be related.

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 12:58 AM
During the work week, I am usually up until between 12 and 2:30. On the weekends though, I have been known to stay up until 5-6am. Typically that is because I can't shut the game off (on the computer) or I am watching a killer movie.

rainman::|:|
May 18, 2002, 01:00 AM
i can beat everyone here i'll bet... i go to sleep between 5 and 6 AM, and wake up around 12-2 PM... i know that makes me sound like trailor-trash, but i'm an insomniac, and for some reason i can't sleep 'till the sun is coming up. occasionally i'll go a couple of days without sleeping... i used to pay a *lot* of money to feel that messed up. all in all it's rather fun :)

usually, tho, i 'go to bed' around midnight-1, and i read all night... it's the best thing in the world... hot tea, sleeping pills and a good novel. and my love laying next to me... it doesn't get any better than that...

:)
pnw

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 01:10 AM
love the bladerunner reference in your signature. have you seen the director's cut?

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
love the bladerunner reference in your signature. have you seen the director's cut?

Glad that someone got the reference, love the scene it comes from too. Of course I have the directors cut... It's on tape, so I will have to get the dvd as soon as I can. Since that is all I purchase now.

macstudent
May 18, 2002, 01:25 AM
You might want to wait a little while before picking up that dvd since there is a ultra special edition(what ever hidious name they are going to call it) coming out .

the current directors cut is bare bones.

iGav
May 18, 2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath

And there was me thinking that is was Alpha Techs favourite PWEI song off 'This is the day, this is the hour, this is this'........ :D

Actually I think PWEI sampled the entire Bladerunner movie on that album.. :p

Ensign Paris
May 18, 2002, 05:44 AM
Week nights normally 0000 or 0100, and weekends about 0200 or 0300. I am normally up at about 7 or 7:30 apart from Formula 1 week ends when I am normally up at about 4 (F1 probably takes up about 5 hours of my day so I have to get the extra time from somewhere :))

Ensign

mac15
May 18, 2002, 05:46 AM
I am usually at macrumors until 12:30 or even later
and I'm here throught the day most of the time

cb911
May 18, 2002, 07:11 AM
man you guys stay up late! i've been going to bed at 11-12:00 since i've got my TiBook. i'm usually in bed by 10:30 and wake up at 6:30-7:00. and we're getting cable internet on Monday, so that will only make things worse.

mac15, you stay up until 12:30 and stay at Macrumors all day? no wonder you have such a good tar, you've got all day to so stuff! seriously, you go to work and stuff, don't you? don't tell me you just sit at home on Macrumors all day?!

mac15
May 18, 2002, 07:18 AM
well being a student give me the freedom to be lazy
and I don't have a job yet....and I don't wan't one. I like having free time to myself. My friends always complain about work and how they hate it so I'm not going to get into that anytime soon

jelloshotsrule
May 18, 2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Beej
Me too. Wow, we must be related.

ha it's possible. but we're a bit far apart for that... hmm.. ha

i forgot to mention that those numbers were for home. when i'm at school... anywhere from 2-5 going to bed and if i have class i getup about 5 mins before, and if not... usually 12-1

King Cobra
May 18, 2002, 08:50 AM
By looking at all the late times you guys go to bed, that makes me a morning person. And I am. :)

I am usually up and moving for class on weekdays by 7:00, but I sleep in a little on weekends and get up and moving at around 8:00. I usually go to sleep at around 22:00 or 22:30. Nothing spectacular.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

cleo
May 18, 2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cb911
i'm usually in bed by 10:30 and wake up at 6:30-7:00.

I don't feel like such a dork now. :D Except for Thursday nights (ER) I usually am in bed at 10, then up at 7 to meditate for 30 minutes before starting the day.

I do not understand how you people survive on 6 hours of sleep a day!

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by cleo

I don't feel like such a dork now. :D Except for Thursday nights (ER) I usually am in bed at 10, then up at 7 to meditate for 30 minutes before starting the day.

I do not understand how you people survive on 6 hours of sleep a day!

LOL! Cleo, when I was in Basic training I would stand watch for the 1st shift which was from 10-12. So I slept from 12AM to 4AM. Then would be up from 4AM to 10PM. Now, that was not fun believe me. :p

cleo
May 18, 2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

LOL! Cleo, when I was in Basic training I would stand watch for the 1st shift which was from 10-12. So I slept from 12AM to 4AM. Then would be up from 4AM to 10PM. Now, that was not fun believe me. :p

Holy crap. How many days in a row did you have to do that? Did your system eventually get used to it? I can't even imagine! I think I would wind up crying a lot. :)

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

And there was me thinking that is was Alpha Techs favourite PWEI song off 'This is the day, this is the hour, this is this'........ :D

Actually I think PWEI sampled the entire Bladerunner movie on that album.. :p

Who the ***** is PWEI????

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

Who the ***** is PWEI????

i was wondering the same thing.

people with extra intestines?

pajamas with extra inseams?

pygmies wandering ethiopia intently?

just guessing....

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 12:25 PM
Potheads With Extra Income???

cleo
May 18, 2002, 12:28 PM
Doh.

http://pweination.org/

:D

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by cleo
Doh.

http://pweination.org/

:D

Wow, I haven't heard them in a long time, going to have to dig something up somewhere, used to love them.

Cool site, but none of the video links work and they don't have any audio. Damn.

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 04:30 PM
very late.

i only get 4 hours of sleep.

mc68k
May 18, 2002, 07:30 PM
Natural sleep cycle: 12-8:30
Forced sleep cycle: 11:30-7:30

I HATE mornings. I LOVE nights.
I HATE school. I love my job.

jefhatfield
May 18, 2002, 08:46 PM
i go to sleep early compared to most here since there is nothing to do at night in monterey,ca.... which is a small city (38k) and is to the south of the more exciting santa cruz (45 mi north) or san jose (55 mi north) and that's too far to hit a club, sports event, or show most nights on a workday

i wake up at 630a on average and cruise the net and esp. macrumors...later on weekends

staying up late gets harder to do with age and 4 hours sleep would be impossible for me:p

mac15
May 18, 2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Potheads With Extra Income???

LOL!
in australia they are just doll bludgers
the DOLL is like welfare for people without jobs

iGav
May 19, 2002, 05:24 AM
Oh they were the days.......... anyone that has any vague interest in these so called Nu Metal bands, should try buying PWEI Dos Dedos Mis Amigos from 1994.......... a perfect blend of industrial, punk, dance, funk, ambient, dub and rap!!! heh heh.......

For those of you that are interested, check;

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001Y6A/qid%3D1021802589/sr%3D1-1/ref%3Dsr%5F1%5F1/104-3420102-6668724

They split in 96.... *sobs* :( but people went to form Bentley Rhythm Ace, Fuzz Townsend went solo, and the lead singer is now a Nothing label groupie working with Trent Reznor and a soundtrack guru scoring for Pi, Requiem for a dream, Murder by numbers, the hole, World traveller, Rain.... and Knockaround guys

www.clintatthecontrols.com

britboy
May 19, 2002, 12:44 PM
Weekdays i generally stay up 'till about 1am, then stand up at about 7am to give me time to actually gain reasonable thought processes before lectures start. Weekends i've rarely gone to bed pre-4am. When i stand up then depends on if i have to do something or not, but generally around mid-day.

I'm still enjoying the freedom of being able to sleep in late when i get the chance. Having kids is not on my plans for the next 6 years at least! That's going to be tough....

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:18 PM
honestly...I am worse off if I get more sleep than less...

normally I sleep 5-6 hours a night....no problem...

the days when I get 8-9....I'm screwed for the day...

go figure?! :confused: