Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Want to put some songs from my iTunes libr that are all ACC to a SD card and use on my GPS on a rare occassion. Can't find an easy way.
Any way this can be done without burning a MP3 CD and then dragging those to the SD card?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
The best method I can think of is:
Change your iTunes-->Preferences-->Advanced-->Importing to MP3. Then control-click on the song(s) and pick Convert Selected to MP3. It will make a copy of the song in MP3, and will not change the original. Then move the MP3 copy to the SD card. I'm not sure if they can be done with DRM songs though.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
My library is all music I own on disc, so no DRM issues.

Thanks grapes I will give it a try real quick and let ya know!

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
works great! thanks.
I have gone to my different smart playlists selected the songs, sometimes selected all. Then did the control convert and is works great.
I would suggest that you go into view options and select KIND as a column to ID which song is which.
Thanks Grapes.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I would suggest that you go into view options and select KIND as a column to ID which song is which.
Thanks Grapes.

No problem. Another idea is if you use smart playlists, make sure you include 'kind' in the criteria. That way you can exclude mp3's while playing music at home.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
There is a script that would be perfect for you: Convert and Export. :D

This script converts the files of the selected tracks in iTunes using an encoder of your choice on-the-fly (restoring your Preferences-set encoder afterwards). The newly converted files are then moved to a new location of your choice, and their tracks removed from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.