Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I did a quick search and didn't find any threads on this.

I ordered a couple of full body BSE skins (they had a promotion going and i paid 16 bucks for 2 full body and 1 rear skin. (shipped)

I bought them because people were raving about how they made the best iphone 2.5G skins.. I kept my 2.5G naked most of the time or in a simple sleeve... but scratching the plastic back scares me!

I got the BSE today... and first i was a bit shocked to see that the rear skin came in 2 pieces... its listed on the website, but I was a bit shocked.

I have some questions for people that have them and installed them...
what are your impressions? Is it hard or easy to apply?
Do you have tips?

I don't want to apply the skin if its going to look ugly... or be unable to remove it without my phone still looking mint.

Who has pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRING EM!

my phone is going to arrive when the att shipping gods decide to send it. So I want to get this sorted by then!

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I ordered a pair of BSE's for me and my sister's iphones. I will post pictures when they arrive. How long did it take for yours to come?

I've had good success with BSE.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Thinking about ordering them. When did you order, what kind of shipping option did you choose, and what state do you live in?

Please take a pic of the sheets please.

I would have to cancel my IS before ordering BSE.

stevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Thinking about ordering them. When did you order, what kind of shipping option did you choose, and what state do you live in?

Please take a pic of the sheets please.

I would have to cancel my IS before ordering BSE.

ordered 7/10

shipped free ground (because I ordered more than 3)

couldn't take pictures. but i'm assuming that it looks a lot like the other companies... just in 2 pieces. front looks like any other front... like power support or invisible shield.

shibbyshoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
This might disappoint some of you (I know I was) but I got my skin in today and the front is just the typical front, one piece plus a small circle for the button. The back is where it hurts. Best skins ever decided to cut the back into two separate pieces horizontally. I'm guessing the reason why they did this is because they made holes for the vibrate and volume switches. It would be kind of hard to put on trying to get everything right with one piece. I haven't tried putting it on yet but since I know that there's going to be a line on the back of my iphone (where I'm almost positive dust will be sticking to) I'm kind of hesitant. If I do put it on my phone I'll post pics.

stevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
This might disappoint some of you (I know I was) but I got my skin in today and the front is just the typical front, one piece plus a small circle for the button. The back is where it hurts. Best skins ever decided to cut the back into two separate pieces horizontally. I'm guessing the reason why they did this is because they made holes for the vibrate and volume switches. It would be kind of hard to put on trying to get everything right with one piece. I haven't tried putting it on yet but since I know that there's going to be a line on the back of my iphone (where I'm almost positive dust will be sticking to) I'm kind of hesitant. If I do put it on my phone I'll post pics.

Thanks! As I've also received mine i knew they were 2 sep. pieces... Thats what I'm worried about... I don't even want to use the fronts as i'm actually comfortable keeping it naked on the front...

If you do install it please ... please... please... take TONS OF PICTURES OF THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping that BSE didnt just majorly screw up and that the 2 piece config works out well!

mikehoiu

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I just put mine on

Mine showed up today. I ordered them on Friday morning. I have a white IPhone and unless you look really good you can't see the seam. I've very happy them. I'm guessing the seam would show up on the Black IPhone thought. I'd post a picture of it but you really can't see it with a picture.

stevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Mine showed up today. I ordered them on Friday morning. I have a white IPhone and unless you look really good you can't see the seam. I've very happy them. I'm guessing the seam would show up on the Black IPhone thought. I'd post a picture of it but you really can't see it with a picture.

PICTURE PLEASE!!! THATS WHAT WE WANT TO SEE>.. I WANT TO SEE THAT YOU CANT SEE IT!

shibbyshoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008

How is the fit and how long did it take you to put it on?

Also, has anyone used BSE skins for their 1g iphone and just used that only? I wanna know if the skin loves to attract lint at the edges.

mikehoiu

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Best Skins Ever installed

It took about 10 minutes to install and here a picture of it. You can see the seam. The smudges are on the lense I used. It's getting ready to rain here so I was in a rush to get a good picture.

mikehoiu

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Sorry I must have forgot the image

Sorry I forgot the image

Attachments

• _MG_6544.jpg
    _MG_6544.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,052

stevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
thanks so much for posting the pic... boy I don't know what to do... I might actually have to go with bodyguardz

shibbyshoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
After half an hour of trying to get this thing on, I think I got it. The corners gave me a horrible time. I'll let it dry first and then I'll take a picture.

The curves don't make it bad. It's the corners and aligning the holes with the button/slots.

The seam in the back is sorta noticeable, not as bad as I thought it would be but I still wish it wasn't there. I'm still trying to decide if the front is worth it. Has anyone's iphone ever had a scratch on it from it just being in your pocket?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
OMG! That looks terrible. Imagine that on a black phone. I'm glad I ordered bodyguardz today. Not sure if my IS cancelled order went through though.

btw, ordered today 3 minutes before the cut off time, and it shipped like it said it would. Sweet!!!

kleinishere

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Has anyone's iphone ever had a scratch on it from it just being in your pocket?

I used to pocket my "naked" iphone 2g all the time and it often ended up with my keys. the back did end up rather nasty and the screen ended up with a few noticeable scratches, no longer than 2 cm each and a ton of very micro scratches that were only visible when the phone was off and under intensely bright light. i'd say it's worth it to get one of those power support anti-glare or crystal screen protectors as if you're going to pocked the iphone it'll run into your keys on at least more than one occasion over these next 2 years.

InTheAir

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I ordered the BSE also, but have not yet received it (I expect it today).

Anyone want me to forward it to you for a few bucks? I'm not going to install it.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Hi-Res Photos

I put my BestSkin on 2 days ago and I don't mind the split in the back at all. They 2 seams came together perfectly. Here are some hi-res pics (difficult to get a good shot of a skin!)

skin1.jpg

skin2.jpg

skin3.jpg

skin4.jpg

skin5.jpg

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
That looks amazing! Well, I changed my mind. The 2 pieces isn't bad at all, I guess (once again) it depends on the installation. Thank you so much for posting such great pictures.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Application Advice

I have used these skins for many different devices and here are some tips I have learned from applying about 10 of these skins:

- Wash and dry your hands before touching the skins - you don't want your oil to get on the sticky side.
- Spray your finger tips with solution before touching the skin. I have used a bottle of "Endust for Electronics" for all my applications and it works great, has the right about of soap and dry's underneath the skin crystal clear. You should also be able to use water with a few drops of soap.
- Don't be in a race to apply it right - take your time and lift and re-apply several times to get the fit just right - I usually take 2-3 tries to get it in the right place, I usually re-spray a little after lifting the skin to re-adjust.
- The corners won't want to stick initially so leave them for about 5-10min and then press then on and apply pressure for about 1 minute and that should do it.
- Work out the larger air bubbles with a credit card, but don't go crazy about every little bubble, they will evaporate.
- Once you are done with the application let the device sit overnight and DON'T fret over the intial look, i.e. bubbles, water marks, etc. They WILL disappear in 1-2 days.

One of the things I LOVE about this particular product is it's resistance to smudges, fingerprints and glare. MUCH better than the standard iPhone glass which looks gross after a few uses all gunked up with fingerprints. Most of the screen protector brands are glossy and shiny and don't really improve much on the iPhone fingerprint glass. Invisible Shield is just as good as BestSkins but cost quite a bit more. Sometimes I am forced to order from them because they sell skins for some devices that BestSkins don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.