PDA

View Full Version : Saturday.... What do you have planned?

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 12:03 AM
Well, it is 12:03, so I thought I would go ahead and start the Saturday thread this week. What do you have planned for tomorrow? I want to go see Episode II, but I don't know if we will. We are having some friends over, cooking steaks and fresh veggies (for Cleo) and watching the race tomorrow night. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend.

B2TM

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 12:18 AM
well, after a little sesame street with the kiddo its off to the farmer's market for our weekly supply of organic goods. catch up on the paper and mainline a little more java. then there's gymboree at 1:15.

but this saturday will be a bit different since we have a friend taking care of the little one for the afternoon---woohoo! will actually have some time with the mrs.---what a concept. since we'll be over the hill in hollywood (geographically speaking...) we'll find a nice sidewalk cafe and then do some shopping on melrose or la brea. man am i psyched!

then its back into the routine of diapers, walks, bathtime and bedtime.
( for my daughter, smartypants!):)

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
well, after a little sesame street with the kiddo its off to the farmer's market for our weekly supply of organic goods. catch up on the paper and mainline a little more java. then there's gymboree at 1:15.

but this saturday will be a bit different since we have a friend taking care of the little one for the afternoon---woohoo! will actually have some time with the mrs.---what a concept. since we'll be over the hill in hollywood (geographically speaking...) we'll find a nice sidewalk cafe and then do some shopping on melrose or la brea. man am i psyched!

then its back into the routine of diapers, walks, bathtime and bedtime.
( for my daughter, smartypants!):)

LOL, you sound like me and MrsBacktothemac. Doesn't it seem like you never have time for yourselves? I really hope to see Episode II this weekend with my wife. She loves Star Wars, and if we could get a sitter, it would be great. Enjoy your time with your wife this weekend. Those are the hardest moments to come by don't you think.

AlphaTech
May 18, 2002, 12:32 AM
I need to get to the market and gather the components to make up a batch of sauce. That will take up most of the day. I'll probably do up some chicken parm. too... Damn, I'm gonna need a lot of garlic. :D

Sunday, I will be going out on the Harley. I need to put about 75 miles on it so that I am on target for getting my 1000 mile service right after Memorial Day.

Beej
May 18, 2002, 12:41 AM
Well it's 3 pm Saturday here, and I've spent the day doing homework. And I'll spend tomorrow doing the same thing. that time of the semester...

At least what I'm doing is slightly interesting. I'm fiddling with instruction and data cache sizes to see which combo is best for different apps. It's pretty cool.

rainman::|:|
May 18, 2002, 12:42 AM
We're headed for a day of shopping with my mother... need to pick up a new suit, and rj's terrible with those kinds of things. Says everything looks fine, until i buy something and leave the store, then it's "oh, i liked the other one better"... DAMMIT *smack* hehe... what the hell good is he if he can't tell the difference between dark olive and charcoal. I swear, sometimes he think's he's a str8 guy... ;)

we're meeting an old friend of my mother's for coffee, that should be fun... Then it's on to more shopping :) see a trend here? perhaps i should grab that book, "confessions of a shopaholic" while i'm out...

pnw

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Enjoy your time with your wife this weekend. Those are the hardest moments to come by don't you think.

man, you said it. sometimes we're both so busy and the little one's fussing and the phones are ringing and on and on.....you know how it goes. those few hours we can sneak off are so special. i hope you two make it to the movies-thats always a good time. i'm hoping we'll find a nice cafe and have a relaxed meal( no bibs, sippee cups and 12 minute time limits...), a fermented beverage or two and laugh about a few things.

i'm smiling already:D

have a great time.

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
what the hell good is he if he can't tell the difference between dark olive and charcoal. I swear, sometimes he think's he's a str8 guy...

you're killing me....:D

the straight look
1) tie knot is larger than your head.
2) non-vented jacket with pleated pants.
3) suits and tube socks
4) belt AND suspenders
5) suits with cowboy boots or topsiders
6) any unstructured jacket

i could go on forever :)

Beej
May 18, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
3) suits and tube socksDamn man, what's wrong with that? As long as your pants are the right length and your socks are the same colour as your pants, no one will ever notice!

I has a lecturer last year who always wore red socks with pants that were too short. Classic.

krossfyter
May 18, 2002, 01:19 AM
see episode 2 for the second time...for sure.

make some pizza and eat it.

3rdpath
May 18, 2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Beej
Damn man, what's wrong with that? As long as your pants are the right length and your socks are the same colour as your pants, no one will ever notice!

if your socks are thick enough-why wear shoes?.....

yea, i had some profs that were quite the fashion plates. there is a point where they can dress so badly that they're actually cool but few achieve that level of greatness.

3rdpath's fashion tip #1
there's a certain aire that can only be attained by wearing a nice rumpled suit. but it has to worn at breakfast in a cheap coffee shop.

write these down, there will be a test:)

wsteineker
May 18, 2002, 02:40 AM
Well since my Friday night is winding up in a drunken stupor, I'm going to sleep until at least noon. It was worth it, though. Lots of nice things (read: girls) to look at. As for Saturday, an afternoon excursion to the Atlanta Apple Store is in the works. Should that fall through, I'm hitting 18 in the afternoon. Follow that up with dinner at home with friends and the first viewing of my brand spankin' new copy of The Last Waltz on the ole' DVD player and it should be a pretty swell day. Damn, I'm just imagining the whiskey drinks now... ;)

iGav
May 18, 2002, 03:15 AM
Absolutely F.A. :D

Actually may get creative with the hair clippers and shave my head.........

Ensign Paris
May 18, 2002, 04:35 AM
Last night I went to see Episode II, probably one of the best films I have ever seen, certainly my favourite Star Wars one.

Saturday I am tidying my room and then going bowling.

Sunday, I plan to sleep, all the way through the day :)

Ensign

mac15
May 18, 2002, 06:05 AM
I was going to see episode 2 but my mates ditched me
so I'm at macrumors

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2002, 07:23 AM
I'll probably go see Spiderman again, its a great movie, and let the crowds thin out for EP2, since I've already seen it, I'm not interested in dealing with all the crowds that waited for the weekend. Plus its raining here, so movies are going to be a big option.

Also I've got some freelance to finish up, that will take most of the rest of the weekend, along with getting 70 pics of my wedding online for all our familly and friends to see. No extra sleep for me.

cb911
May 18, 2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
see episode 2 for the second time...for sure.

make some pizza and eat it.

you make pizza? me too! i also want to get my hands on a calzone one of these days.

oh well, it's 22:19 here... oh and the clock on my TiBook must have reset itslef to 25 hour time when i started it up, oh well. today i spent the morning on the net, looking for 7200rpm notebook HDs. found out they don't exist. damn. went shopping and got a stereo to audio in cable so i can record the radio stations from Grand Theft Auto 3. found out when i got home that the cable was headphone out connector to stereo in. wrong cable, damn.
then i washed the car, and just got back from 10 pin bowling. even that wasn't that great. i only got a score of 124. last time i got 150.
now i'm going to hang around macrumors for a while and look for some cool websites.
forgot to mention, i'm going to see Episode 2 tomorrow!!!:D

jelloshotsrule
May 18, 2002, 08:55 AM
hmm, i thought spiderman was cheesy and that the first portion was poorly written and had some terrible acting/casting (the class's teacher was like 18 years old... what the hell?)

i hope to golf, but it's a bit rainy, so i'll have to see if my bro's still up for it. if not... who knows. clean my room. and then most of my family will be around for dinner i think... not sure what we're having yet.. should be good though

i think i'm gonna have to wait for star wars... maybe til next weekend or mid week.

King Cobra
May 18, 2002, 09:07 AM
Today, it is rainy as anything. So I guess I will be inside posting a lot on the forums, since I do not need to do anything else. Basically, I have the whole weekend.

Wow, I am surprised someone is giving a bad review about Spiderman...my classmates in Chemistry were pretending to be spiderman (one c'mate even pretended to be Spiderman so much he wanted the teacher to call him spiderman). I haven't sen the movie myself. If anything, I am interested in the Jurassic Park series. I saw one and three in theatres.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

shakespeare
May 18, 2002, 09:28 AM
Well, tonight, I'm playing Horatio in a production of Hamlet. We opened last night and were fairly well-received. I only screwed up once, I was proud of myself.

So "shakespeare" wasn't a randomly chosen username!

Before then, I'll be going over my blocking and hoping my mac.com email gets itself up and running again.

cleo
May 18, 2002, 09:30 AM
This morning I had orientation for one of my summer internet classes (statistics - bleh) at 8:30. Now I'm going to try to fix my iMac (see thread in help forum), then get myself all organized for the semester (put quiz dates on calendar, look through books, etc). Maybe even do a bit of homework. Tonight some friends are graduating college from a local liberal arts college, then I'm going to go catch Episode 2 with my dad. :D

iGav
May 18, 2002, 11:07 AM
Well my day is turning out a little different than planned...... I still have hair..... but I decided to start capturing some 12 hours of DV footage that I shot whilst driving from San-Francisco to Seattle in summer 00, it's been sat there for 20 months, so I've finally decided to do something about it......... going to start cutting it with plans to enter it into the Onedotzero festival next year... (I've already missed this years deadline......)

Am also chilling with a Strongbow, and the Groove Armada is providing the ambience.....!! so feeling quite sound at the mo......

Am off snowboarding 2mw at the Snow Dome....... which will be a nice contrast to the muggy weather we've had the last few days....... so that'll be cool......

All in all not bad for a weekend....... :)