Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peletrane

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
One of the reasons I got mobileme and an iphone is so I can access important documents anytime anywhere.

Or at least I thought I could. Apparently, there is NO WAY to access your idisk via an iphone. The login screen changes on an iphone and me.com is essentially a dummy page. All the other apps (contacts, calendar, etc) are accessible, of course, on the iphone.

But if I want to access a document from my idisk in my iphone, I first have to download it from the cloud on my computer and then email it to myself.

How come I can't access the idisk directly from the iphone??? This is really lame, I must say.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
One of the reasons I got mobileme and an iphone is so I can access important documents anytime anywhere.

Or at least I thought I could. Apparently, there is NO WAY to access your idisk via an iphone. The login screen changes on an iphone and me.com is essentially a dummy page. All the other apps (contacts, calendar, etc) are accessible, of course, on the iphone.

But if I want to access a document from my idisk in my iphone, I first have to download it from the cloud on my computer and then email it to myself.

How come I can't access the idisk directly from the iphone??? This is really lame, I must say.

I think the problem is that the iPhone/iPod touch don't really have a file structure or way of saving things outside of individual applications.

As such, you could download stuff but wouldn't be able to do much with it - that's probably why Apple has blocked iDisk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.