Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Since Apple will not help me, I'm wondering if anyone out there can.

I think the problem with the entire calandar sync thing, for me anyway, is that Apple/iCal like to create two defalt calendars called Home and Work. Outlook creates one by default called Calendar.

Whe someone at work sends me an invite Outlook add it to my calendar called Calendar. The Calendar Calendar is not getting synced to Mobile Me at all. Anyone have any into on this and how I might get this working?

Thanks.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Having the same issue. The "Calendar" folder did appear in MM after a sync, but not any of the items. Another sync only managed to delete the item from my computer, not add it to MM. Same thing was happening with contacts.

Anything from my home computer works fine.

My solution, still getting used to it, is to forego MM syncing with work computer, and hooked up Exchange for work email, contacts and calendars and then Use MM for all personal and home stuff. I'm wondering if that could be a cause of sync issues - where the Outlook data is really exchange data and doesn't transfer well - even if it does over the cable.

TXCraig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one having issues. I don't have the option of my phone update contacts and apts from direct access to exchange, would never happen in the company I work for. I hope they figure it out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.