Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trek1500

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
I hope someone can help me with this...

I have a ton of photos on a couple of external hard drives that I would love to be able to import into iPhoto to be eventually burned into slideshows on a DVD in iDVD.

In Windows you can drag and drop...easy enough...but being new to the MAC OS is there a similar feature? I must be dense or something but I can't seem to find anything "simple instruction wise" to help me with this issue.

Generally..I just need to be able to pull photos off of external drives into iPhoto or iDVD to burn to DVD as slideshows...

Help!

Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I hope someone can help me with this...

I have a ton of photos on a couple of external hard drives that I would love to be able to import into iPhoto to be eventually burned into slideshows on a DVD in iDVD.

In Windows you can drag and drop...easy enough...but being new to the MAC OS is there a similar feature? I must be dense or something but I can't seem to find anything "simple instruction wise" to help me with this issue.

Generally..I just need to be able to pull photos off of external drives into iPhoto or iDVD to burn to DVD as slideshows...

Help!

Thanks!

Drag and drop! Just drop any folder onto your iPhoto icon on the dock and you're done!

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
BTW, in most OS X and iLife apps, if you drag something into a window and see a green circle with a plus sign it means you can drag and drop it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Great! Thanks! I've had my Mac Mini 5 days now and am totally new to the Mac OS...I'm still learning! :)

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Mac 101 a tour of the Mac OS X
Apple Support search Apple Support and the Knowledge Base
MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a great idea before starting new threads)
MacRumors FAQ
MacRumors Rules
MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
Apple Find Out How
Apple Keyboard Shortcuts
Essential Applications
More Essential Applications

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

trek1500

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Mac 101 a tour of the Mac OS X
Apple Support search Apple Support and the Knowledge Base
MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a great idea before starting new threads)
MacRumors FAQ
MacRumors Rules
MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
Apple Find Out How
Apple Keyboard Shortcuts
Essential Applications
More Essential Applications

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

This is fantastic! Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.