Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNewbie03

macrumors regular
Original poster
I just noticed here lately that whenever I go to a site that has a lot of Flash content, my Macbook's fans go full speed. I have the latest version of Flash installed. It happens using either Firefox 3 or Safari. Anyone else experiencing this?

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Adobe has notoriously not optimized Flash for OS X, so flash sites will take a lot more horsepower than they need. More CPU usage means more heat means more fans. The only solution is to write a note of displeasure to Adobe or stop visiting flash sites, because the problem is entirely Adobe's fault afaik.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
This has happened to me over and over again on my Powerbook as well. Nothing to worry about it's just crappy Adobe product not optimized for Mac as was stated.

I also have major issues with Java on my powerbook. probably 80% of the time Java will lock both Safari and FF3.0 or 2.0.

Really sucks.

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007
yeah it's a common problem on the macbook. Look at it this way, at least also keeps you warm in the winter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.