Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
There are going to be some amazing Apps coming for the iPhone / iPod Touch. Personally, i don't want to be left out of something extremely cool. (For example, an app like Shazam that i'd never find without looking at the App store randomly). The App store forum threads are a bit of help, but it would be so cool to have either

- A little side bar on the front page anywhere of popular apps.

- Could be based on votes from users of this site, or even an "App of the Day / Week" little thing. A perfect place would be under on the left side maybe under mac deals, and above recent comments?

- A weekly wrap up post in the iPhone blog of the weeks top Apps.

Just a suggestion. I know the App store has an extremely long road ahead of it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I like the idea too. I would spend more time looking at something like this as I find the app store will soon be subject to the most random posts where new developers register just to do a quick shout out about their app regarding it as the very best out there, and then never post again. ;)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
hey.

I'm planning on highlighting the better apps on the iPhone sub blog.

arn

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think this whole App Program is just going to grow and grow. It would be nice to have a quick index on the front page to see what is new in a specific app forum. What comments people have. Just like some of the other sidebar heads we have going on this site. Nice idea.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.