Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SooTyLaD

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
dont suppose anyone has any experience with the golf scorecard apps?

i would like one where i load up a course (either enter in the details or download them if poss) then just fill in the numbers each time so it shows a scorecard... nice a simple :)

what do you reckon?

alhkim

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Saint Louis, MO
TeeShot

I have tried TeeShot and I really like the simplicity and the course editing functions. Their website states that they are also working on adding a GPS function where you can track how far each of your shots travel. This in addition to their an already built-in function that allows you to detail each shot with respect to what club you hit and where you hit it really is all I think we need for a golf app. I have also emailed them to see if they can add a map of the course so that it can also use the GPS to measure out distances to hazards, much like the cart GPS machines.

Now, I haven't tried any of the other apps but I am very happy with my choice thus far. But here's to betting that another app in the near future will populate the app store that I will like better....

The moderator should move this thread to the app store one...

chuck.han

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
I submitted smartSCORECARD to the Apple iPhone Web App site last week. It debuted as the Featured Web App for "All Categories" and is still currently the Featured Web App for "Sports." It lets you and up to three buddies keep score on the golf course. You must be an oobgolf.com member to use it (membership is free)--it leverages course data from oobgolf.com, and stores your live scores on the oobgolf.com website. oobgolf.com is the premier golf social networking site that keeps track of your scores, handicap, and a whole slew of other golf-related data.

See: http://www.apple.com/webapps/sports/smartscorecard.html

smartSCORECARD%20from%20Apple.PNG

smartSCORECARD is not a native app, it's a web app. But you'll only need an Internet connection near the clubhouse (when you start and end your round).

thanks, Chuck

sydoze

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Try PasturePool Golf

I've used PasturePool golf http://www.pasturepool.com. They have a website and iphone web app version (site says a native app is coming as well--which will be great since phone coverage on most courses is spotty).

They have coursecards already in the database but allow you to also submit any course you want and they will even enter the data for you if you email them.

starkissed

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2009
new golf scorecard app

I got this new app called Golf Scorecard and it's only 2.99 whereas the other ones are way too expensive for me and the free one had bad reviews. It's really good and I used it to even go mini golfing. :p

golffan

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2010
Gamebook golf scorecard

I know time has passed since this question was posted, but I am still going to give my recommendation.
I recommend GameBook. It is by far the easiest to use and it has some cool unique features... On top of the easy score entry, it keeps count of skins, wagers, etc. if you choose so. Also, you can have live leaderboard between multiple group. So, when playing with friends, we have one iPhone in each group, enter scores to Gamebook and we are able too see all the results in real time. It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!
Also, it has an online site where all your rounds are automatically saved. It's like your own clubhouse with only the people you like, heh.
Enjoy it.
http://www.golfgamebook.com

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
vCaddy is a great little program that I use. Plus, it takes about 5 minutes to map out a course online using a combination of Google Maps and point and click.

Barnabycarter

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Golf Clicker Lite

I just released the Lite version of my golf scorecard app that will be coming out very soon.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/golf-clicker-lite/id419322389?mt=8

With the lite version you can keep score of a single tally. Use the dynamic shake mode to increase the tally by shaking your phone. The full version will have a full scorecard with player database and a few other features that im keeping secret will release but in the mean time please check Golf Clicker Lite out on your iPhone

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I've been looking for an app to do this for some time. In addition to providing a scorecard facility, it would be good if apps could calculate, and maintain handicaps, with the possibility of emailing or printing handicap certificates.

Another problem is that many of the apps out there provide some form of GPS capability, but the only courses available are in the USA. I golf in Europe and would appreciate similar capabilities over here.

Any recomendations?

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I asked the same question a few months ago...never really found anything.

have tried golfshot GPS but it's £18 and has way more than I need.

All I was after was something simple that could keep track of scores, handicaps etc and automatically calculate stableford points perhaps.

still looking!!

skiplo

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
I've tried lots of golf apps both paid and free and find most are difficult to use out in the bright sunlight. I keep going back to the Lite version of 'Golfshot' for pure score keeping ease.

the firstJ

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2011
Try Mobitee! That is of a good quality! Pretty good on distances, very polished interface, fast and accurate!

DustinKirk

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2009
Golf Scorecard App for iPhone

Golf Scorecards is a NEW app I created for scoring Golf, Disc Golf, and Mini-Golf.

The app is normally $4 but is often on sale... Check HERE

Features Include:
  • Flexible Scoring
  • Save Your Scores (unlimited games)
  • Email Your Scores
  • Share Scores On Facebook & Twitter
  • Supports up to 27 Holes Per Game
  • Unlimited Stroke Count
  • Supports 6 Players Per Card

wkolbl

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
mGolfer - easy to use offline scorecard

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mgolfer/id453272250

mGolfer is a golf scorecard application that stores your scores on your phone and syncs them to the Internet after the round.

* No network connectivity is required while you are playing golf.
* Stapleford points and total strokes are automatically calculated.
* You can keep score for up to 4 players
* You can store a large number of rounds on your device (only limited by device memory)
* Once synced with the server, you can analyze your rounds on-line or on your device (Reporting powered by myDBR http://www.mydbr.com)

gafarmer

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
GTGGolf

http://www.gtggolf.com is a new product for all smart phones and allows you to score multiple players with and interactive real time leaderboard. New features are added regularly and the basic app is free!

ylegler

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2007
I am still looking for the proper GOLF scorecard app.
There are many acceptable scorecard apps for the iPhone, but most of them include features suchs as GPS, score e-mailing, etc but none of them include the necessary basic information for the calculation of the final score. These are:
- stroke Index for a specific Hole and course and
- the individual Handicap needed for the calculation of the extra balls and final scored points.

Example:
Playing a Hole with a Handicap of 22 (in this case = 1 extra ball for Hole 1 to 18 + 1 additional extra ball for Holes with a Score index of 1 to 4):

PAR: 4 - Stroke Index: 8 - Score: 5 - Xtra ball: 1 - Nett: 4 - Points: 2 (for par)

All other gimmics such as GPS, email forward, excel comp, and so on are in my opinion unnecessary. What we need is to get rid of paper and pencil and have the possibility to store the results after each game.

Any ideas?

Yve

Attachments

• golf-scorscard-Yve-with-score-web.jpg
    golf-scorscard-Yve-with-score-web.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,008

Adamhaynes

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Perhaps any tutorial or screen shots in more detail would really help everyone around in here who are looking for the apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.