Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
T

Tonerl

Original poster
I have a few questions as a newcomer to the world of iPod touch and iTunes.

1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky?

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this?

I'm very pleased with my iPod touch and find the interface very easy to use; the sound quality is good, too.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dark K

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I have a few questions as a newcomer to the world of iPod touch and iTunes.

1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky?

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this?

I'm very pleased with my iPod touch and find the interface very easy to use; the sound quality is good, too.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1. iTunes syncs to your iPod and library a nice resolution, I mean, you put it on big screen and it'll look awesome. 2.Is normal, happens to me sometimes with old CDs. 3.There is an icon on top, search for a view word aside to the Search panel.

auggie2k

Cancelled
May 16, 2008
1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use. Anywhere from 500 x 500 upwards for nice quality. Google Image search is great for it.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky? Just unlucky, or an accident most likely.

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this? Afraid not, the Coverflow is Artist... then there albums view. I like it like that.

T

Tonerl

Original poster
1 About a quarter of my albums do not have album art (after using iTunes download and Amazon). I can scan the album covers but would like to know what resolution to use. Anywhere from 500 x 500 upwards for nice quality. Google Image search is great for it.

2 iTunes 'lost' one of my tracks (taken from a CD)! I retain the CD; so, adding the track into iTunes was no problem. Is this a frequent event or was I just unlucky? Just unlucky, or an accident most likely.

3 The order of the albums in Coverflow is different from that in the vertical list (which is alphabetical). Is there a cure for this? Afraid not, the Coverflow is Artist... then there albums view. I like it like that.

Thank you for your clear and detailed answer.

1 I was after the pixel resolution: 50, 72, etc, rather than the size.

2 I'll cross my fingers in future!

3 I'm sure many people like the Artist order in Coverflow but it's not much help if your music is classical! A choice would have been nice - after all, iTunes shows album order when I use Coverflow on my iMac!

auggie2k

Cancelled
May 16, 2008
Ah I see, well if you must scan... 100dpi is a nice round number. I find that using Amazon is best as the digital clarity is much better.

Maybe sometime with a new FW update, that option will appear. I'd sure like some coverflow customizing... esp. since the numbered artists (50 Cent etc.) are last in the queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.