Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jshwon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Is there a way to have the apps that you installed directly from the phone to sync back with itunes when you connect? Right now in itunes I don't see any of my apps because I purchased them all from the iphone. I'm wondering how I can get them from the phone into itunes so they are backed up so to speak.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
When you sync normally it should ask you if you want to transfer the apps to iTunes (unless you checked the "Don't Ask Me This Again" the first time it showed up) otherwise, you can right click on your iPhone in the left column and choose "Transfer Apps" or "Transfer Purchases" (however it's worded; not in front of my main computer now.)

Neurobit

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
United States
Great advice guys!

Now, if you could please answer this...

Does it sync/backup the content within the app?

Let's say I have a password app that I want to backup to iTunes.

Will all the passwords contained within be synced/backup up, or just the app itself?

Thanks in advance,
Neurobit

tommynakagima

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2010
sync the apps

I have the same issue. I want to sync the apps i have on my iphone 4 and use some of the file apps and memory stick ones to transfer daya on to the phone. In itunes i transfered my purchaces but the sreen is still opaque and you can click on any thing presumably until you sync. It tells my that all data will be lost if i do - what type of data? if its just game scores and stuff then i may as well sync.

Also - if it all goes wrong and you loose averything for instance, does the app store have a memory for what apps you paid for so you dont have to pay again?

Syncing sucks! whats up with drag and drop??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.