Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Has anyone tried the Griffin tuneflex aux 2.0 with iPhone 3G yet? Im interested to know it this charges the iPhone 3G and plays audio though the aux port.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• TQ076_AV1.jpeg
    TQ076_AV1.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2,375

mkitchen

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
I tried it earlier this week. There was a dock piece in there that fit the iphone pretty well, and it did charge despite the error warning... but it's not made for the iPhone and there isn't a perfect fitting dock piece in there for it... I returned it although mainly case the arm wasn't long enough for me.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
I tried it earlier this week. There was a dock piece in there that fit the iphone pretty well, and it did charge despite the error warning... but it's not made for the iPhone and there isn't a perfect fitting dock piece in there for it... I returned it although mainly case the arm wasn't long enough for me.

Thanks that really helps. I also just got a similar reply from griffin.
Product: tuneflexaux06

Question: Hey, can you confirm if the tuneflex aux 2.0 will play audio and charge an iPhone 3G, im aware its not officially supported as of yet, but does it work for my use at all?

Answer: It will charge your phone and pass the audio through, but because there isn't an adapter to hold it, I can't really recommend it. Because Apple has to approve anything we make for the iPhone first, there will probably have to be a separate model made just for the phone. We're not allowed to sell adapters for non-approved products. If you're able to securely hold the phone in place, however, this is not an electrical reason it would not work. You will encounter the "AirPort mode" screen.

Thanks for your interest,

Rachel
----------------------------
Griffin Technology, Inc.
Technical Support

lkeslinger

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
Stanislaus County, California
Please, do not buy that item! At first, I loved it, BUT if you notice, there is a little rubber piece around the area where you plug it in, and that thing caught on fire in my brand new SUV! It also caused an error on my iPhone! DO NOT BUY. My husband and I were on the freeway when the rubber piece caught on fire, and he quickly stuck his finger down there to pull the burning piece out before it caused more damaged to my vehicle. I had to file a claim with Griffin to reimburse me for the damages done to my vehicle and iPhone. :( I'll look for pictures of the pieces that I had to send to Griffin. I don't know if it's the exact model, but this one definitely has that rubber piece. Go to BestBuy.com and check out other reviews with similar products. Besides the fact that this is a fire hazard, that 'ring' can also get stuck inside when you try to pull it out.

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.