Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xcolored

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2007
I really like Tetris, it's amazing with the touch screen. Flicking, twisting, etc. That and Super Monkey Ball are my favorite.

X

mattmccarty

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Collins,GA
Dizzy Bee

its $2.99 US and a great game.

Its like LocoRoco, but different, if that makes sense?

The game shows off what the iPhone can do. It is the best game so far for the iPhone!

App Store Link

genshi

macrumors 6502a
I would definitely say Dizzy Bee and De Blob (App Store Link) because both were built from the ground up for the iPhone (not a port from some old system or cell phone game) are fun and a bit different from everything else out there, and in the case of Dizzy Bee, well, if it's good enough for the Executive Producer of the Game Developer's Conference as the game he was most excited about at E3, it should be good enough for you!

From TouchArcade.com:

n fact, when talking to Game Developer Conference executive producer Jamil Moledina about what games he found personally exciting, he pulled out his iPhone to show off Dizzy Bee. As Kuchera puts it, “the man behind the Game Developers Conference wanted to make sure I knew about an iPhone game that sells for under $5.”

pianoplayer1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2005
New York
Trism is cool, but it really didn't wow me like monkey ball did. It definately looks better than vay tho.

Those are the only games I bought so far.

twinsdad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I'm pretty sure Dizzy Bee is the best under $5.00 game I have ever bought. My kids love it and it is surprisingly pretty challenging. It's a no brainer for a purchase. I'm debating De Blob. Is it worth the $7.99 price tag?

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Lets See ...

Since you are on Windows machine I will remove FileMagnet and OmniFocus :) (those are probably my two favorites but it helps having the Mac client for them :) )

NetNewsWire (!! - quick access to all the sites you need for free - read more opens the site within the app - so especially on edge can speed up your web browsing time :) )
Sketches - this application was created during the jailbreak days and the new version is twice as good as it used to be and is a simply incredible application for drawing and graphing and doing well Sketches on your iPhone
Trism - is well a fantastic game that I am constantly playing when I can't play SMB or some of the other more intense games that need constant attention, it saves so you can come back to it and well just a little amazing gem of the AppStore
SpeakEasy - if you need an audio recorder - this is the one to get! An incredible 1.0 release with many more features on its way such as customizable groups, sending files off the phone to your computer and many more on the way! - So great developers with a great map of where the software is going
WeDict - another from the jailbreak days - a simple FREE dictionary for the iPhone
Shazam - free yes, but incredibly cool - fun for demoing how amazing the iPhone is and a good app for just identifying songs you like but have no idea what they are!
BeatMaker - is well incredible! - Music creation on the iPhone has never been so well easy and fun and powerful - this is a detailed app with a lot of depth and a bunch of incredible things coming in the future!

Those are my suggestions of what you should get (OmniFocus is incredible btw!! - for those Mac users reading!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.