Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I know there has to be a few golf fans out here. The third major of the year is lead by KJ Choi at the half-way point. I'm pulling for Rocco to get that one major he was so close to getting last month. Of course there was a guy named Tiger Woods who had other ideas.
Lets go Rocco.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Rocco has my well-wishes also.

I can't think of a golfer from Italian stock that has ever done well. But maybe the beer clouds my memory?

Enlighten me if you know different, anyone.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Just minute, let's not get carried away here.

Rocco, and even Robert, yes. Greg, meh.

I hope for better then a PGA crowd at the top, come Sunday.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I'd like Monty of course, but I'm realistic and it's not going to happen. So in that case, I'm hoping for a repeat performance from McDowell who won the Scottish Open at Loch Lomond last weekend.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
looks like the weather is going to play a big part today. Those going out later could have it a little better

Would have like to see Justin Rose win this year but doesn't look like that will happen. Still I think he's got a major or two in him.

Oh and watch out for Ian Poulter (and not just what he is wearing) only 4 shots off the lead

Weather forecast for Royal Birkdale for today

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 59

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I can't believe the wind is so strong that it is moving the ball when players get ready to putt. What a mental drain.
+4 or 5 may have the lead going into the final round.

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
I can't believe the wind is so strong that it is moving the ball when players get ready to putt. What a mental drain.
+4 or 5 may have the lead going into the final round.
I would swear that Norman played the wind today when he made a crooked putt. Not sure what hole it was, only a few holes from finish, the one where he stumbled in the wind as he retrieved his ball from the hole.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Another day of survival. No one can make any kind of run here. And where's Rocco?
Ian Poulter looks the best right now, even in those pink pants.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
The shark is +5 through 11. Conditions ugly, hope he pulls through. Much as I like Rocco, gotta pull for Norman. Rocco has a lotta years left.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Wakefield on +10 through 13 isn't looking to bad either.

And Greg has just stuck his drive on the 13th into a bunk, could this be the end of Greg's Championship???

Still, at this moment in time, money has to be on Harrington retaining the Claret Jug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.