Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chewbaccapits

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2001
Torrance, Californizzel
Anyone know of a good one?...I need help trying to get my G4 450 (regular airport) and 867mhz 12" powerbook (airport extreme) to work seemlessly with airport extreme base....

I'm on the internet (both of them) but I remember that once I leave my home with the powerbook I would just be able to switch the settings to DHCP and hook on to my high school's network thru the ethernet cable...Now I can't!
Before I had Airport extreme, I used to connect to the internet directly thru the cable modem to play Quake and Return to Castle Wolfenstein but with Airport extreme on its horrible...I'm constantly lagging..... I've screwed up my setting trying to go directly from G4 450 to cable modem to play my games and my network hasn't been the same....On start up, during the splash screen it checks NETWORK INTIALIZATION and it stops there and the desktop starts-ups...Everything works fine but you would think it would check everything....Sorry this call for help is all over the place but as you can see I need much help....I highly doubt many of you could help but if you knew of a book that would be just as helpful...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.