PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch/Iphone Issues may be from....

amuenp
Jul 19, 2008, 05:38 AM
Hello, Hope this helps some of you as it has me, It would be nice if Apple could tell us things like this gentleman with the link below I am providing. I have been playing with a Ipod touch and many many apps... I kept having freezes and such.. then I came across this page: http://iphonetouch.blorge.com/2008/03/22/shutdown-your-ipod-touch-for-optimum-performance/

sandman42
Jul 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not so sure the guy that wrote that really knows what he's talking about. I for one, don't feel the need to shut down my Mac weekly (as he suggests should be necessary), for example. Anyway, the comments on that article are hilarious. Or maybe I'm just jealous (and/or stupid)...

amuenp
Jul 20, 2008, 04:04 AM
I know these apps are suppose to be tested before entering the store yet why are there so many issues arising. I heard that the apps are suppose to dump the ram after the application is closed or the home button is pushed yet some seem to pause the app until you re-enter, this tells me its still running in the background. (yes obviously) If too many apps are running simultaneously wouldn't this cause some of the issues? Something has to be adjusted. Theres too many issues still.
what do ya think? :)

sandman42
Jul 20, 2008, 04:30 AM
An app doesn't have to keep running in the background for you to pick up where you left off. When you quit the app it can 'save your place', and re-load upon relaunch, which is how they do it on the iPhone/Touch, if I'm not mistaken.