Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
That's nifty.

And, just as importantly, in my mind: According to ifoapplestore.com, Fort Wayne, IN is getting one as well. All's I can say is about damn time. They've been promising one for nearly two years.

Only downside is a neat reseller just opened right around the corner from Glenbrook, where this store is going in. I'm not sure how this will affect that store. Hopefully not too negatively, as they're my old elementary/middle school's fallback for support for all of our new iMacs.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Good deal. We have two here in San Antonio -- one way across town and one in the middle of town from my location. Now we just need a third one on my side of town.

tresbien

macrumors regular
May 21, 2008
Maryland
Is that near Texas A & M? I don't really know texas to well, but I go there to visit my grandparents every summer, and they live fairly close to T A&M.

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
College Station TX to San Antonio is about 175 miles. Houston is closer, at about 100 miles.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Just to clarify since this thread must be confusing to those not familiar with Texas, the new Apple store is in Fort Worth which is nowhere near College Station, Houston or San Antonio. Fort Worth is next door to Dallas, and the new store location is very near TCU and the downtown Fort Worth area.

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
Awesome - I was just in that mall on Tuesday and saw the big apple logo on the construction entrance. Hopefully they'll have new Aluminum MB's coming out by then, then I can just buy it there in store! (Although MacMall is probably a better deal as you get Parallel's, a free printer, and no tax as compared to the 8.25% sales tax here in FW).

Still tho - very exciting - I can already see my checking account growling at me - haha :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.