Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oban14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I've had this with older phones, so I figure something like this must be out for the iphone. I want a car dock, and once my phone is docked, I want it to charge, play music through my stereo and provide speaker phone functionality either through cables or bluetooth - but I don't want an ear piece, I want the sound to come through a speaker or my stereo, and my voice to be picked up by a bluetooth or hard wired mic.

I was able to get this setup for a Samsung i700 and a Palm Pilot treo... I know the unit is probably going to cost 2-300 bucks and installation will probably be another 200.

Anyone know of such a thing, or one in development?

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL
Check out kudausa.com. They have many custom mounts for specific vehicles.

As for the bluetooth and playing thru the stereo, that depends on vehicle and stereo installed. Some are easily done thru factory equipment, others required aftermarket items. Best bet is to find an enthusiast site for that vehicle and research the forums and FAQs there.

m477h3w

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
Bristol, UK
Just use this very simple equation;

'Alpine iDA-X100 Stereo' + 'Alpine KCE-300BT Bluetooth adaptor' + 'Pro Clip iPhone 3G car mount' = AN IDEAL AND PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION THAT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.