Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumdoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I, like a lot of you, have been waiting to get a new macbook this summer. I think the machines they have now are great, but have also been reading about Montevina along with the possibility for a case design.

I was wondering about the problems and kinks that go along with new designs in apple computers. Are there usually problems with the first couple versions of a new design?

I guess I am torn between getting a macbook before the revisions knowing that most of the problems have been worked out and rolling the dice with the new system.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
You are most likely to encounter problems with an initial release of a design. Apple tests the equipment, but they only have so much time and so many scenarios so once it is released into the public, new issues often crop-up that did not appear during testing.

I've been very lucky - I bought an Al iMac, a MacBook, both iPhones and an iPod Nano the day they were launched and none of them had issues. But I do know that many others did.

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
but as long as you get applecare, if theres a problem, they will replace it right?? so if i get the new one if it comes out in time and a week later problems arise, they will take it back?

JNB

macrumors 604
but as long as you get applecare, if theres a problem, they will replace it right?? so if i get the new one if it comes out in time and a week later problems arise, they will take it back?

You have a 14-day return (US) on any Apple product for any reason. AppleCare isn't needed in that window. The warranty is for 90 days phone support & 1 year hardware. AppleCare provides phone support and hardware support to three years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.