Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zschiffman

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Norwalk, CT
From gizmodo:

If you Google "iPhone apps," the first thing that comes up is iPhoneApps.org, a site selling a bundle of "top 10" iPhone applications for $25 using "safe PayPal." Friends, there's nothing safe about this site. It's a scam. The iTunes App Store is the exclusive distributor of iPhone apps, period. Don't get your apps anywhere else. Tell your friends and family. If you're savvy enough to use Installer.app, this PSA is not for you, obviously.

Beware. Their website has an FAQ that even states:
Do I need any particular firmware version on my iphone to install your applications?
You can install our applications onto any iphone regardless of what firmware version is installed onto your iphone.

Hoever....
Does my iphone have to be unlocked to install your applications?
Your iphone does not have to be unlocked to install our applications.

Correct me if I am wrong but you would need either firmware 2.0 OR an UNLOCKED/JAILBROKEN phone to install aps.

MacGeek7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2007
In order to legally run Apps on your iPhone/iPod touch you must
1) have 2.0
2) purchase/download those apps from the iTunes Store

gentlegiantcrai

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Its a real elaborate scam. I love how all the reviews are 5 Stars, and when you click Live Chat, you get nothing.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
All the stuff they're selling looks like free jailbroken apps just ripped straight from installer. Hell, they may just be shipping installer.app....

So much for 'You can install our applications onto any iphone regardless of what firmware version is installed onto your iphone.'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.