Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsSiNJin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I have an iPod toutch, with three thousand-ish songs on it. It took about two hours to put the album artwork that iTunes couldn't find, on it, from Google. So I start to sync it, to get the album artwork on my iPod. After it's done syncing, I check my iPod, and a lot of the album artwork isn't on it, I try syncing it again, and it still doesnt get all of them.
I have the most recent version of iTunes, (7.7) if that matters.
Please help with ideas, solutions, whatever just help! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Are you running 2.0?

Because I have had issues with some songs not syncing at all on 2.0.
I also had some album art get mixed up on the ipod when on 1.1.4

Crossbone

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
I have album covers mixed up on 1.1.3 and on 2.0 i have podcast videos syncing even when there not suppose too.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Ok. I'm just going to guess that since this is a .0 release, effectively making it a new OS, it will have its bugs. I am willing to deal with most, but some things just get really annoying, such as your problem. When the iPhone crowd leaves the Apple stores, take it to the Genius bar. If you have a mac, go into console, and see if there are any logs. If there are, and they have something to do with the music app and/or syncing, print them. If you print those logs, they will believe you--the computer's logs do not lie. I had brought in about 70 pages of logs for my 1.1.4 problem, and the guy took a look at them and said that there is definitely a problem.

If you do find logs, you can probably safely restore your iPod, because you have proof of a problem, in case you should need it. Otherwise, I recommend sucking it up (I know how annoying that can be--my iPod started its problems on the first day of a 7 day vacation and I had no access to my computer to fix it) and waiting until maybe next week, then take it in.

If you do find logs, I strongly recommend restoring because it helped my issues with 1.1.4 as well as 2.0

MsSiNJin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Ok. I'm just going to guess that since this is a .0 release, effectively making it a new OS, it will have its bugs. I am willing to deal with most, but some things just get really annoying, such as your problem. When the iPhone crowd leaves the Apple stores, take it to the Genius bar. If you have a mac, go into console, and see if there are any logs. If there are, and they have something to do with the music app and/or syncing, print them. If you print those logs, they will believe you--the computer's logs do not lie. I had brought in about 70 pages of logs for my 1.1.4 problem, and the guy took a look at them and said that there is definitely a problem.

If you do find logs, you can probably safely restore your iPod, because you have proof of a problem, in case you should need it. Otherwise, I recommend sucking it up (I know how annoying that can be--my iPod started its problems on the first day of a 7 day vacation and I had no access to my computer to fix it) and waiting until maybe next week, then take it in.

If you do find logs, I strongly recommend restoring because it helped my issues with 1.1.4 as well as 2.0

Sorry to make you type all that, but I dont have a mac, I should of included that in my original post, my fault.
I can still go to the Mac Store in Best Buy.. maybe they can help..?
Thanks though!!!!!

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
I have an iPod toutch, with three thousand-ish songs on it. It took about two hours to put the album artwork that iTunes couldn't find, on it, from Google. So I start to sync it, to get the album artwork on my iPod. After it's done syncing, I check my iPod, and a lot of the album artwork isn't on it, I try syncing it again, and it still doesnt get all of them.
I have the most recent version of iTunes, (7.7) if that matters.
Please help with ideas, solutions, whatever just help! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

If your songs are in certain formats, the artwork will not display. For instance, I had a bunch of songs in the format of .mov (don't ask) and I had to make iTunes convert them to mp3 to show artwork.

I assume you didn't buy these songs (not online at least) because there was no artwork with them, so may I ask what format they are?

MsSiNJin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
If your songs are in certain formats, the artwork will not display. For instance, I had a bunch of songs in the format of .mov (don't ask) and I had to make iTunes convert them to mp3 to show artwork.

I assume you didn't buy these songs (not online at least) because there was no artwork with them, so may I ask what format they are?

The files are all mp3, they show the artwork on iTunes fine, just when I sync it, not all (barley any) show up on my iPod.

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hmm. Weird. Never had this problem. I'd love to help, but unfortunately I can't. Sorry!

Also, just for my records, where would I find this log you guys are talking about?
Thanks!

SuperMacMan

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Also, just for my records, where would I find this log you guys are talking about?

It is in Console, under LOG FILES, under MobileDevice, under your iPod's name.

There are usually a good deal of them for me, but if you can sort through them, you can figure out which have to do with your problems.

MsSiNJin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Thank you so much for all your replies and help! I checked out a program called fix tunes, and it fixed everything! So if anyone else has this problem, download that.

Thanks again!
-MsSiNJin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.