Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Just wanted to let everyone know I just bought my first macbook today. Got the back to school deal. It says it should be here the 22nd! can't wait.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2008
It's the white 2.4. I took everyone advice on here and I"m going to upgrade the RAM myself. Also only got the 160gb hard drive because I plan on getting a external hard drive. I DJ and plan on keeping all my music on a external hard drive. Anybody know of a good external hard drive like 250 gb?

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
Get a WD Passport 250 gb for $99 on sale. It runs really sweet and boots / mounts fast. Get 2 of them, 1 for loading tons of music on and one for a back-up. You can also pop one open and put it in the macbook. I cloned my MB on one and boot my mac mini from it when I want to run Leopard on the mini. I have 2 and plan to get another soon.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Just out of interest why do people feel the need to post stuff like this "just got new mac!" etc?

1) 3rd most expensive purchase done (after house and car), so very important decision.
2) To be welcomed into the fold. *group hug* :p
3) It's like AA, or WeightWatchers, they are leaving something bad behind, i.e. a PC :D
4) We do like hearing about it around here! :D

OP, congratulations!!!

HerrRolf

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
It says it should be here the 22nd! can't wait.

The 22nd? That seems like a really long time. Did you customize it somehow? Or is this standard. I hope not, b/c this means when I order around Aug. 1, it won't be here till Sept 1? :confused:

mixmacface

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2008
in the 7th layer of hell.
congrats!!
here's a question for anybody: how fast does apple usually ship macs? i know it says within 24 hours, but do they arrive fairly quickly? . . . like within 3-5 business days. . or is it 5-7?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Yeah I am looking to buy a mac too..

my plan: Either buy it July 30 or August 6

In the hope of a refresh...if they are going to have it before the touch promotion ends..it will be coming out either July 29th or Aug 5th. or Aug 12th. Apple does the whole..if you buy your computer today and we update the model within two weeks of your purchase..you can upgrade for free. Checked with apple store just to make sure. They said they are sick and tired of people asking them about refresh rumors ha.

Chance9888

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2008
Louisiana
I'm not too sure. I bought mine from Bestbuy. I know somebody who ordered a 24" iMac, and it took about three weeks. But i would imagine that because the Macbook is so much smaller it would ship within about one week.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2008
congrats!!
here's a question for anybody: how fast does apple usually ship macs? i know it says within 24 hours, but do they arrive fairly quickly? . . . like within 3-5 business days. . or is it 5-7?

Well I'm on my macbook now!! Got it at 330 pm on the 22nd. I ordered it on a saturday and they shipped it same day. It only took 2-3 days and thats counting a sunday. I'm very impressed with how fast it came. I'm still waiting on my ipod touch thought but it was coming from china. Should be here by the end of the week. By the way I love the macbook so far. I runs so much faster than my old computer. I got a mac mainly because they run the DJ program I have so well but I'm impressed with the whole computer. I must say I'm sold and will not be going back to a PC.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Also I bought mine the way it came no custom. It says it will ship within 2-3 days if custom.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2008
well I thought I would keep everyone updated. I got my iPod touch today it only took 3 days and it came from china. I also got the free engraving on the back. I'm posting this from it now. I must say Im quite impressed this is a great Device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.