Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I just got a pack of DLO anti-glare at Best Buy for 14.98, it comes with 5 sheets. Not sure why anyone would need five, but it's better than 2 that PS gives you for the same price.

I wanted to see if DLO actually cut them to fit the entire screen, which they do. My PS was nice, but the gap from not covering it collecting dust between the edge of my case and sticking to that edge.

Just better because you get more for the same price and they actually fit the entire screen.

gmail

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I just got a pack of DLO anti-glare at Best Buy for 14.98, it comes with 5 sheets. Not sure why anyone would need five, but it's better than 2 that PS gives you for the same price.

I wanted to see if DLO actually cut them to fit the entire screen, which they do. My PS was nice, but the gap from not covering it collecting dust between the edge of my case and sticking to that edge.

Just better because you get more for the same price and they actually fit the entire screen.

How does the material itself compare to the Power Support? i.e., thickness, sensitivity, etc.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
As far as I can tell it's pretty much the same stuff, same feel and thickness. The image quality has the same slight shimmer effect, but it does just as good as repelling finger prints and smudges (of course not all).

Really the only difference I can tell is it fits the entire screen. DLO knows how to measure. ;)

Plus they give you freaking 5, I mean you could screw up and get dust under a few just for the fun of it.

Ouhei

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
PS did admit to the errors they made and corrected them in later shipments.

But 5 for the same price is one hell of a deal!

sr4372

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
power support vs DLO anti glare

hey i must comment on my experiences with both products.
I have tried a variety of assorted screen protectors for the iphone including , DLO, powersupport, rocket fish, and a few that came with case mate cases.. and i must say that my favorites are anti glare for the fact that they keep my screen looking nice without having to constantly wipe the screen down due to smears.
And the winner is (IMO) POWERSUPPORT! yep for sure.....
The dlo's although are a good value and a perfect fit, they do leave a little to desire in image quality, there is a little more image loss ,, grainy look to the screen with the dlo's,, really noticeable on light backgrounds, found myself holding the phone further away from me trying to focus. i tried the powersupport anti glare and yes they are cut a little different, more gap around the edges, which i found to be a plus when using a slider case ,, because the dlo's would bubble up around the edges when using this case and the clarity of the PS anti glare is at lease 50% better then the dlo's .. sharper icons with very little of the sparkle effect,
Again these are just my opinions on them but i am definitely convinced that the PS films are better for me.
just my 3 cents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.