Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patrick327

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Hello,

I had a program installed on my Macbook Pro and there were some updates available for it on Software Update that I never bothered to install. Anyway, I uninstalled the program, yet the updates are still on the Software Update list. I can choose to ignore them, but that really bothers me because they're still there. I want them completely gone, not ignored. When I run Software Update now, it says that my software is up-to-date, but it has this really annoying part that says "except for the updates on your ignore list" or something like that. Is it possible to delete them from Software Update permanently and not simply ignore them? I'm kind of a neat freak, so it really bothers me. I no longer have the program in my possession, so I can't reinstall it, download the updates, and uninstall it again.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

tsvb

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Can you take them off ignore? When you run software update again after that it should see that you don't have the software installed anymore and not show them...

Patrick327

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Can you take them off ignore? When you run software update again after that it should see that you don't have the software installed anymore and not show them...

Yeah, I tried that and they're still there. I'm also getting a 200MB update from HP that I don't want. I don't understand why you can't just delete the updates if you don't want them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help, by the way.

Patrick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.