Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeVeN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
San Jose
have any of you guys had any problems getting a PS3 to connect (wireless) to an Airport base station? i thought i seen a few complaints before but im not sure if it was about a PS3 or an XBOX.

thanks

bigrell486

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
Home
I haven't even heard of problems with PS3's connecting to Airport, I don't think there is an issue.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
There were issues (might still be) with connecting a Time Capsule to an XBOX 360 via wi-fi. But that's all I've ever heard of.

I have a PS3 connected to a Time Capsule and it works fine.

A Pittarelli

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2007
xbox 360's have trouble connecting to anything because they cant stay on long enough without red ring of deathing :p

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
I use my PS3 on my airport all the time, and the only problems I have had, is if someone wants to get on a computer in the house :D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My 360 refuses to connect with either my Airport Extreme and Airport Express (N version) regardless of what combination of settings I try.

My PS3 has no problem with either.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I have an AExtreme Base Station and AExpress extending my network to the 3rd floor [all G], I have 2 Macs, 1 PC, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, and PSP all on the network with no connection issues.
The only problems I ever run into are occasionally getting my wife's Vaio lappy to print to the Canon MP500 that is connected via USB to the AExpress.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Not really, my crappy bubble station didn't have enough range to reach it but I have an Airport express too. I just moved that to a better location.

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
my PS3 is a big internet hog lol. We use wireless for everything and if i'm downloading something, i make sure i do it when nobody is watching tv or surfin the internet. i usually download stuff overnight.

Xtreambar

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2006
Washington, DC
For some reason, when sitting right next to each other, I get 100% signal on my Macbook, but only 60% on my PS3. Consequently, I have a hard time streaming most movies to my PS3 because it is so slow.

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
I tried streaming my movies, but I ended up just making the file size of the video small enough to fit on my 1GB flash drive.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
have any of you guys had any problems getting a PS3 to connect (wireless) to an Airport base station? i thought i seen a few complaints before but im not sure if it was about a PS3 or an XBOX.

thanks

Mine is very picky about when it wants to connect, it never does the first time...at times I have to sit there for half an hour before opening and closing things on the XMB before it decides to show up. It can sit there for days and stay connected, but as soon as the connection is dropped I have to go through the same process again.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
My 360 refuses to connect with either my Airport Extreme and Airport Express (N version) regardless of what combination of settings I try.

My PS3 has no problem with either.

Im assuming you keep your network password protected, I had mine of one setting and all i had to do was change it to a different password type.

ChrisN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.