Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geordiejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
hello when i bootup i see the apple logo then i get a blue screen which sits there for about 5 mins and then it is ok,any ideas how to cure this please?
i did reinstall the os and it seemed to cure the problem,but it has started doing it again.
thank you.

bigrell486

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
Home
You haven't installed any apps that need to load on Subsystem startup have you.

If you haven't and you say you've reinstalled the OS already, you hard drive may be on its last legs.

Out of curiosity when you reinstalled the OS did you format the drive?
If not, I would back up my data then format and reinstall the Operating System if I was you.

geordiejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
i spoke to the people i bought the m/c from and he said it could be a hd problem,but when i explained i had my ipod connected he suggested i unconnected it and see how it goes then,i did this and it sems ok now,but i will have to keep an eye on it over the next few days.
thank you.

shaunymac

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
just a little fyi, if you are running 10.5.4 and are connected to an external monitor, not sure if you are or not, people are having similar issues. I had the problem myself. Like someone mentioned previously, I repaired my permissions and viola!, I was good as gold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.