PDA

View Full Version : cases

firewire2001
May 19, 2002, 11:37 AM
does anyone know where to get cases for macs?

i think itd be so awesome to build a pc and throw it into one...

it would definsately take some modding, but definately an interesting idea..

dont get me wrong, tho, i would jus do this cause i build pcs a lot and itd be cool to have a pc in a mac case :)

Macmaniac
May 19, 2002, 06:19 PM
I heard you can buy iMac cases to turn into fish tanks. You might need to check ebay and find a cheap mac and gut the thing. I have not heard of a mac case site.

mc68k
May 19, 2002, 10:48 PM
No site that I know of. eBay would be the best place to look. Resellers only sell the whole machine. The "El Capitan" cases are mostly still in use and are sold all in one piece.

I had a friend who wanted to do the same thing and gave up after much searching.

I want to do the opposite, put my s900 in a cooler master.

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:58 PM
no clue...

have u tried eBay??

firewire2001
May 20, 2002, 06:16 PM
I want to do the opposite, put my s900 in a cooler master.

im thinkin of doin that with my pb -- i have the rev a, and its gettin pretty old, so im think of puttin it in a tower :D ... call me crazy, but it doesnt seem like THAT bad of an idea... haha

have u tried eBay??

not really... i think that it really isnt possible to get em that easily -- i remember, though, a few years ago at my old school that they replaced a lot of old cases ond some of their old macs (like this was 6 years ago) .. i think this was feasible then...

groovebuster
Jun 12, 2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by firewire2001
does anyone know where to get cases for macs?

i think itd be so awesome to build a pc and throw it into one...

it would definsately take some modding, but definately an interesting idea..

dont get me wrong, tho, i would jus do this cause i build pcs a lot and itd be cool to have a pc in a mac case :)

I would give you an Macintosh fx case for free, but I guess shipping from Germany would be too expensive...

But seriously, that fx is still working great (inluding the 5,25" HD) but I don't have any use for it, it is just taking a lot of space. Is there a market for old computers like that? I wouldn't like to give it away for 5 and then the guy is selling it for a few hundred.

groovebuster

Beej
Jun 12, 2002, 06:20 AM
http://www.slcentral.com/articles/01/8/g4pc/

Dig it.

firewire2001
Jun 13, 2002, 04:32 PM
dang.. exactly what i wanna do :D ..

thats really cool.. thanks beej