Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
the apple store i went to only had the anti-glare films. i was planning on getting the crystal film.

anyway, if i install the anti glare and dont like it(looks like it might make the screen dimmer looking) can i easily remove it?

what exactly does the "pre installation film" put on the phone?

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
the apple store i went to only had the anti-glare films. i was planning on getting the crystal film.

anyway, if i install the anti glare and dont like it(looks like it might make the screen dimmer looking) can i easily remove it?

what exactly does the "pre installation film" put on the phone?

I just put one on. It didn't require anything. It's a static. I had to remove it a couple of times because i didn't line it up well. If you like a matte screen, i think you'll like this. If you like glossy, then just get the crystal one you intended to buy. This one does take away any smudging.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
The pre-installation film, from what I understand, doesn't put anything on the phone. It only serves to remove any lint that may remain on the phone after you've cleaned it prior to the installation. And since it's a static cling film, it should be pretty easy to remove if you decide it's not for you. Although their site refers to it as the "adhesive side", I don't think there is actually any adhesive (or you wouldn't be able to clean and reuse it as they claim).

Check out the instructions:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/iphone3G_antiglare.php

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Although their site refers to it as the "adhesive side", I don't think there is actually any adhesive (or you wouldn't be able to clean and reuse it as they claim).

No adhesive in the traditional sense, using a piece of tape or a fingernail to peel it off should work fine (and leaves no residue).

Although it is reusable, it is near impossible to clean. I've emailed them about it and they offered to replace them, but I've yet to get them in the mail :(

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
No adhesive in the traditional sense, using a piece of tape or a fingernail to peel it off should work fine (and leaves no residue).

Although it is reusable, it is near impossible to clean. I've emailed them about it and they offered to replace them, but I've yet to get them in the mail :(

Yep, tape works like a charm.

E

Eärendil

I messed up the installation of my crystal film on my ipod touch.

Then I washed the thing (not the ipod, the film!) with soap.

It looks like a charm now and it is in place.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I messed up the installation of my crystal film on my ipod touch.

Then I washed the thing (not the ipod, the film!) with soap.

It looks like a charm now and it is in place.

This is good to know. I noticed i got a couple of things under mine. I have a few cats and their fur gets into EVERYTHING.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
How the hell do you guys wash these things? I mean once it's wet, how does it dry without sucking dust to it like a magnet???

I prefer a matte screen (my MBP is matte is well). It's just a personal preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.