PDA

View Full Version : Question about posting on forums


JimmyMac
May 19, 2002, 01:40 PM
What does LOL mean? You guys use it all the time in your posts.

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 01:46 PM
short for..... Laugh Out Loud.


and welcome aboard.

dig it!

King Cobra
May 19, 2002, 01:47 PM
I thought LOL meant Lots Of Luck...

What about IMHO?

Man, I hate short posts...
...
...
... :)
__________________

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Working on 500 post signature...

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 01:49 PM
:D lol:D lol

King Cobra
May 19, 2002, 01:52 PM
While we are at it, why not make a whole list/book? of shortcuts we use on the forums. And being the not so street-smart individual I am, I will need to take notes.

Add to the list, if you can.
IMHO
LOL
LMAO
OMG
ROTFLMAO
WTH
WTF
AKA
BTW
BTO
__________________

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Working on 500 post signature...

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
While we are at it, why not make a whole list/book? of shortcuts we use on the forums. And being the not so street-smart individual I am, I will need to take notes.

Add to the list, if you can.
IMHO
LOL
LMAO
OMG
ROTFLMAO
WTH
WTF
AKA
BTW
BTO


these sayings annoy me. why not just type it out?

but i know what most of them mean. and yet i hate them. but here they are... assuming you were asking, if not, disregard.

IMHO- in my humble/honest opinion
LOL- laugh out loud (so dumb, just type haha)
LMAO- laugh(ing) my ass off
OMG- oh my god
ROTFLMAO- rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
WTH- what the hell
WTF- what the ****
AKA- also known as
BTW- by the way
BTO- built to order

the last 3 really weren't started with the internet/web as far as i remember. definitely not aka and btw...

yuck

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 02:23 PM
jelloshotsrule!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
jelloshotsrule!

LOL!!! ha.

what prompted that? not sure why you directed it at me..... i wouldn't want anyone else to think they shouldn't share in that great humor...

that's a good little animation loop for sure. what's the site?


hey- where'd the link go???

King Cobra
May 19, 2002, 02:30 PM
I couldn't type out some of them because I had no idea what some of the meant. That is why I was asking for you guys to help me out.
Go on, continue...
__________________

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Working on 500 post signature...

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I couldn't type out some of them because I had no idea what some of the meant. That is why I was asking for you guys to help me out.
Go on, continue...


so you were typing those sayings not having any idea what some of them meant? that's odd... doesn't seem like the context would make sense usually...

King Cobra
May 19, 2002, 02:52 PM
Well, I am assuming that most people can comprehend what these shortcuts mean, in and out of the forums. That is why I wanted to know what each meant, so that if I am going to save a few keystrokes or to keep my teachers at class from what I said to a student. It would just be easier for me. That's is all.
__________________

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Working on 500 post signature...

britboy
May 19, 2002, 03:00 PM
It seems as though shortcuts are being used everywhere these days. When sending handy messages to your m8s, for example :p

Shame they make it hard to understand what's being said sometime though. Are we going to get a whole generation growing up thinking that 'LOL' can be found in the oxford dictionary and can be used in everyday speech? Scary.

King Cobra
May 19, 2002, 03:24 PM
Maybe you should write to Webster and have them develop a dictionary based on shortcuts and ONLY shortcuts. I can't wait to see their reactions on their faces. They would be like: WTF? :)
__________________

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Working on 500 post signature...

Ensign Paris
May 19, 2002, 03:31 PM
I took me about 2 days work work out what B2TM stood for, I only realised it after reading one of Back to the macs posts :)

Ensign

britboy
May 19, 2002, 04:01 PM
Hopefully it won't take you that long to figure out what MrsB2TM stand for :p

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 04:50 PM
A few other used on the board

mobo - motherboard
TiPB - Titanium PowerBook
QAg - Quicksilver G4

Backtothemac
May 19, 2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I took me about 2 days work work out what B2TM stood for, I only realised it after reading one of Back to the macs posts :)

Ensign

Ha! Now that is funny! Hopefully everyone will know what MB2TM is. Man this has been a slow day.....

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Man this has been a slow day.....

The weekends always are, there's so much more going on, don't need to spend it in front of a computer.

I'm off for a while, talk to you all later.

D

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac


Ha! Now that is funny! Hopefully everyone will know what MB2TM is. Man this has been a slow day.....

i got in another round today back dawg and this time... 89! so as i said, i'm making my way back. low 80s soon and then...... boom! 79! ha

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


i got in another round today back dawg and this time... 89! so as i said, i'm making my way back. low 80s soon and then...... boom! 79! ha


hot damn!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
hot damn!

ha

that's twice now you've said odd things to me...

once "jelloshotsrule!" with some link with it to an animation of itchy and scratchy, which you then deleted for some reason...

and now this out of nowhere comment...

i don't know how to read it. are you trashing me or just having a laugh?

i know i do similar things, but i'm a freak. and i don't want to assume anything like that about you... ha

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 08:25 PM
nah nah nah na no....


its cool jelloshotsrule!


everythings like the fonz up in here....COOL!



i have nothing against you...i think you are a good personality for this forum and i enjoy your comments.

:D

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
nah nah nah na no....


its cool jelloshotsrule!


everythings like the fonz up in here....COOL!



i have nothing against you...i think you are a good personality for this forum and i enjoy your comments.

:D

with all your exclamation points and your giddiness, i'd think you were a girl (many girls i know put !'s at the end of nearly everything)... ha

whether you are or aren't, thanks for the words of encouragement. i usually fall by the wayside. i think i'm not smart enough or controversial enough to make waves big enough to catch most peoples' attention.

also, i think you're on some serious drugs right now. i know i enjoy a toke or 2 from the crack pipe de temps en temps. ha :p

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


with all your exclamation points and your giddiness, i'd think you were a girl (many girls i know put !'s at the end of nearly everything)... ha

whether you are or aren't, thanks for the words of encouragement. i usually fall by the wayside. i think i'm not smart enough or controversial enough to make waves big enough to catch most peoples' attention.

also, i think you're on some serious drugs right now. i know i enjoy a toke or 2 from the crack pipe de temps en temps. ha :p


a girl dude?!?!?? what the @#$$

hot damn nigga.

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
a girl dude?!?!?? what the @#$$

hot damn nigga.

a girl-dude seems a bit weird to me. which would fit you pretty well... ha

i'm not sure what it is, but you're on something. dawg.

and don't worry, remember, everything's like the fonz up in this piece.

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 09:10 PM
oh my word!


stop tickling my feet.

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 09:14 PM
now i understand how you get so many posts per day.... you just get on a freak trip and don't stop!

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 09:53 PM
actually i havent been posting much lately.


i should be up to where jethatfields at but i was busy.

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:02 PM
well that's what i'm saying. considering you haven't said much lately, yet your average is so high, you must've really been juicing at some points...

freakshow. join a carnival!

ha

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 10:09 PM
You two are holding two separate conversations on two different threads, weird.

But I've actually passed krosfyter in the posts/day 10.04 to 9.89

Now lets talk about who's the freak!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You two are holding two separate conversations on two different threads, weird.

But I've actually passed krosfyter in the posts/day 10.04 to 9.89

Now lets talk about who's the freak!

as you said, weird. we are weird.

and as you said everyone's a freak to some extent.

so now we all see how much of a freak you are.

you two can be carnies together then.

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You two are holding two separate conversations on two different threads, weird.

well if u think about it duke...

we were discussing my new avatar in 2 different threads the other day...

so the same conversation in 2 different areas...what do u make of that? ;) :eek:

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 10:16 PM
the acronym thing can get a little annoying sometimes
but keep it up:)

you're both crackheads BTW :confused: :confused:

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by macfreek57
the acronym thing can get a little annoying sometimes
but keep it up:)

you're both crackheads BTW :confused: :confused:

Ah, speaking of freek, here's the man himself, but since he's admitting he's a freak, he's not that bad.

Hey eye, I'm not sure I remember that, sorry, I'll have to go back and check. I was just busting on those too, seemed they were taking things too seriously so I wanted to change the subject a little.

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I was just busting on those too, seemed they were taking things too seriously so I wanted to change the subject a little.

haha. old man duke thought WE were taking things seriously?? that's funny indeed.

i quite enjoyed kross's freakshow.

i have just been fearful to show my own freakness.... or have i?

mayhap i have, mayhap i ain't.

and yes, crackheads... i never denied it!

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
i quite enjoyed kross's freakshow.


krosfyter's put up some great images, did you ever see the one of his girlfriend in a bikini?

I don't know where the thread is, I'll have to go search. Its worth a look.

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


krosfyter's put up some great images, did you ever see the one of his girlfriend in a bikini?

I don't know where the thread is, I'll have to go search. Its worth a look.

let me know if you find it.

now i'm curious.

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Ah, speaking of freek, here's the man himself, but since he's admitting he's a freak, he's not that bad.


and dang proud!!

mc68k
May 19, 2002, 11:35 PM
Back to the original topic:
AFAIK— As far as I know

Had to ask someone on that one…

krossfyter
May 19, 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


krosfyter's put up some great images, did you ever see the one of his girlfriend in a bikini?

I don't know where the thread is, I'll have to go search. Its worth a look.




haha.... dude that was NOT my gilfriend for hella sure. FOR HELLA SURE MAN!!! :D :D


that was just a funny pic I found on the net. but i know your poking fun at me and tickling my feet and what not.



ive hand quite a bit feet tickles to say the least...around here.

im now ready for some serious nut scratching!:confused:

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter

haha.... dude that was NOT my gilfriend for hella sure. FOR HELLA SURE MAN!!! :D :D


that was just a funny pic I found on the net. but i know your poking fun at me and tickling my feet and what not.

ive hand quite a bit feet tickles to say the least...around here.

im now ready for some serious nut scratching!:confused:

"hella".... that's gross.

and now, kross has gone and done it. taken it across the line to... nut scratching. spectacular... that's it, i'm outta here!

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 01:43 AM
no come back!


cause man them jelloshotsrule!


dig it.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
no come back!

cause man them jelloshotsrule!

dig it.

i wouldn't know.... dit THAT, biatch!

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 02:32 AM
:D

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 02:33 AM
now i know how you get so many damn posts.

freakassdigger

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 02:40 AM
*Krossfyter slips the first Rage Against the Machine cd in the radio and puts it on the "Know Your Enemy" song... sits back and chills. this then evoks a meeting with the protest spirit of the 60s and 70s in his room*




krossfyter than says..... "Jesus hits like the atom bomb, brotha!"

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 02:42 AM
new communion wafers, now with pop rocks! booyah!

rage against the machine must have a hard time fighting the machine when they were bought by the machine eh?

now that should get some blood boiling.. biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiatch!

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 02:45 AM
to screw the system up one has to be in the system. become the enemy to tear the enemy apart per say. just like the cia and darth vader....brotha. showing some serious politica balls man.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 02:48 AM
hmmm, plus this way they can make more money, buy better things, and all those goodies.

zach should've kept with his roots in punk/hardcore. i haven't heard his old band, but i've heard they're quite good. but even if they are, i'd have a hard time respecting them given his current status as poprockicon.

**** no i won't do what they tell me

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
hmmm, plus this way they can make more money, buy better things, and all those goodies.

zach should've kept with his roots in punk/hardcore. i haven't heard his old band, but i've heard they're quite good. but even if they are, i'd have a hard time respecting them given his current status as poprockicon.

**** no i won't do what they tell me


well poprockicon i guess....what makes someone a poprockicon though?

in my opinion he should of stuck with the RATM sound. he went into the pure rap scene. that in my opinion is TRITE! hes better than that. i guess this is a phase for him...he wants to hang with more people that can flow like him i guess as oppose to hanging with some white guy hanging on mtv props.

also ...he was to good to just stay in the bubble that is punk.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter

well poprockicon i guess....what makes someone a poprockicon though?

in my opinion he should of stuck with the RATM sound. he went into the pure rap scene. that in my opinion is TRITE! hes better than that. i guess this is a phase for him...he wants to hang with more people that can flow like him i guess as oppose to hanging with some white guy hanging on mtv props.

also ...he was to good to just stay in the bubble that is punk.

got me, i made it up

ahh, white guys on mtv.... sweet!

no way. there are plenty of better writers/musicians in the punk scene. just too bad that most become crap if they get big...

of course i know nothing about that fool so i've been successful in pulling your let and tickling your feet... now then.......... goodnight beehatch

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 03:04 AM
plenty good writers in the punk scene??? name some? not saying there arent any just that most i hear talk about the usual rock rebel crap that been going on since elvis started shaking his hips. sex and drugs in not original anymore.

the clash were original for thier time. now all i can think of is refused.


most others just chug away on thier 3 chords and raunchy music.


they need jazz leasons.... most of them do.

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 02:54 PM
bringing this back up to the top... i need to hear from ya jelloshotsrule.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
bringing this back up to the top... i need to hear from ya jelloshotsrule.

hey freak. check out the music/song thread. i named some punk/hardcore bands i like.

i catch what you're saying, but to me the message is quite important. so if it sounds good, but the lyrics/message suck, no dices for me.

personally i don't hear anything about the usual rebel rock crap. maybe i just don't listen to the "right" things...

so to recap. i like: boy sets fire, bane, shelter, farside, ensign, thursday... and others. some punk/indie, some hardcore... word

ps. cute that you "need" to hear from me

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 10:12 PM
okaY COOL.
just checking. tursday is ummm dare as saw... an emo band...by the way. but im sure you know that and im sure the term "emo" is played out. but screw it....a little classification is fine for us every once in a while.

3rdpath
May 20, 2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
im sure you know that and im sure the term "emo" is played out.

what does emo mean? its not a term i'm familiar with.

btw, since you're into ferraris-have you seen the new FX model? it looks like the batmobile, i kid you not.....

mc68k
May 20, 2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath


what does emo mean? its not a term i'm familiar with.

btw, since you're into ferraris-have you seen the new FX model? it looks like the batmobile, i kid you not.....
I believe is stands for emotional, since most emo bands have emotion-packed lyrics. It's like hardcore, only softer.

Anyone heard of Dashboard Confessional? Their lyrics are well thought out.

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 10:57 PM
yes emotional is what it stands for.

it also stands for bands whos lead singer cant sing where im from.



but yeah emo emotional...

although its more like a genra or culture as oppose to a decriptive term for music. we all know most music out there has emotional lyrics or sounds so whats the difference right?


anyways... so 3rdpath could you give me a link to that new ferarri? im anxious to check it out... hell let me go search for it.

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 11:00 PM
is this what you are talking about? or are we talking about the 2003 one? cause this is the 2002 one and it does not look like the batmobile to me.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
okaY COOL.
just checking. tursday is ummm dare as saw... an emo band...by the way. but im sure you know that and im sure the term "emo" is played out. but screw it....a little classification is fine for us every once in a while.

yeah, i know they're emo. but they're also rooted in hardcore/punk. i don't think emo has to be just emo and nothing else. it's almost a subset in my mind.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by mc68k

I believe is stands for emotional, since most emo bands have emotion-packed lyrics. It's like hardcore, only softer.

Anyone heard of Dashboard Confessional? Their lyrics are well thought out.

yuck. ohhhh yuck.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
yes emotional is what it stands for.

it also stands for bands whos lead singer cant sing where im from.

but yeah emo emotional...

although its more like a genra or culture as oppose to a decriptive term for music. we all know most music out there has emotional lyrics or sounds so whats the difference right?


the thursday singer can sing... most do whine though.... like dashboard.

i think it's got it's roots in punk/indie rock/hardcore... but usually softer and/or more emotional lyrics. not singinga bout the scene or rebelling or whateve.r... yeah

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 11:51 PM
okay i agree with you on the thursday singer. dashboard i agree with you also... yuck.

however supposedly the lyrics are creative.


i really havent studied dc's lyrics.


i know the singer is christian though.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
okay i agree with you on the thursday singer. dashboard i agree with you also... yuck.

however supposedly the lyrics are creative.


i really havent studied thier lyrics.

didn't study the lyrics either. but

i saw them headline over sense field, who has been around much longer and is FAR better. and this soured me big time.

i stayed for a few dashboard songs and it was all whining to me... oh well.

ever heard farside or sense field?

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 12:02 AM
yes i have. i dont listen to them though... i have a friend who does and thats where i found out about them....same with saves the day and thursday.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
yes i have. i dont listen to them though... i have a friend who does and thats where i found out about them....same with saves the day and thursday.

ahh. too pansy for you?

saves the day had a good first album. decent second. not goodthird. they got poppy and sold out to the masses. oh well. i'll live

thursday's still good so far. farside were amazing til they broke up. sensefield is amazing, though getting more poppy. not in a bad way per se. just different.

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


yuck. ohhhh yuck.
too pansy for you? dc is the epitome of emo

I HATED it, but it grew on me. I actually grew to love the whiny-ness of it all.

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

saves the day had a good first album. decent second. not goodthird. they got poppy and sold out to the masses. oh well. i'll live
Would you recommend Saves The Day? Who are your fav indie/hardcore/punk/emo bands? Can you find the albums in a regular record store?

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter

i know the singer is christian though.
Really, wow! I know you're Christian, ever get into christian music much? I only think there's a few bands worth listening to (old Supertones, Smalltown Poets, Jars of Clay, Five Iron Frenzy, Ace Troubleshooter).

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

too pansy for you? dc is the epitome of emo

I HATED it, but it grew on me. I actually grew to love the whiny-ness of it all.

too pansy in a way. the lyrics are just whiney. and the music didn't catch me much....

basically, a few years ago i might have liked it. but then i got a girlfriend.... hmm, funny how that can change the tastes from a whiney "why can't i get a girl?" attitude...

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


too pansy in a way. the lyrics are just whiney. and the music didn't catch me much....

basically, a few years ago i might have liked it. but then i got a girlfriend.... hmm, funny how that can change the tastes from a whiney "why can't i get a girl?" attitude...
Yeah, that's prob it. I've never had a girl, so they suit me just fine. I'll get one some day…

The whole "punk" craze is very inspired. Makes for good listening for people our age.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Would you recommend Saves The Day? Who are your fav indie/hardcore/punk/emo bands? Can you find the albums in a regular record store?

saves the day you might like. different sound than dc i think. a bit harder. emo lyrics though. you could find them in a store maybe.

if so, get them in order of release.... that's their order of goodness.. first: can't slow down. second: through being cool. not sure of the third...

there are other better bands.

in a store you could probably find some or all of:

shelter (hardcore-good positive lyrics.)- "mantra" is best album, all good though. they have like 6.

sense field (emo/indie rock-amazing positive lyrics). the singer is also christian. albums are all great. building is most unique. most recent is "tonight and forever" and has gotten some radio play for a song "save yourself" which is all about NOT getting it on. bold song for an up and coming band i think... amazing vocals. great music. my favorite band ever.

shades apart (pretty good, not great). first 2 albums are smaller/more indie. they are save it and seeing things. the later 2 "eyewitness" and something else are more poppy. i haven't heard the latest. eyewitness is good though. just poppier than i might have ideally.

not in regular store...

farside (amazing. absolutely amazing indie rock/punk) a few albums. all good... 3 albums that is. 1 ep.

bane (hardcore)- a bit screamy. good hard music.

boy sets fire (hardcore/punk)- very political music with great vocals, lyrics, and music.... very very good. all albums. "after the eulogy" is the latest.


that's all for now...

if you want to hear anything, let me know... pm me or tell me on here. i can email you a song or two. no sense buying it if you won't like it. so specify your tastes a bit more and i'll see what i come up with, if you're interested.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Yeah, that's prob it. I've never had a girl, so they suit me just fine. I'll get one some day…

The whole "punk" craze is very inspired. Makes for good listening for people our age.

that'll do it man. i feel ya for sure. i had a girlfriend in 8th grade. then not again til 2 years ago (end of first year college)... it's rough man. especially if you're a nice guy, which if you weren't, you'd have a girl, so i bet you are...

definitely check out saves the day's first album then. some spot on lyrics about girls and stuff...

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Really, wow! I know you're Christian, ever get into christian music much? I only think there's a few bands worth listening to (old Supertones, Smalltown Poets, Jars of Clay, Five Iron Frenzy, Ace Troubleshooter).

krossfyter... i thought you actually WEREN'T religious? something about fighting the cross...

what's the story?

sense field's singer is christian. when asked if he was "every day i pray to jesus to be a better christian"... in his humble, amazing way....

damn, check out sense field mc... do it!

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 12:57 AM
Thanks, jello. I'll have to check into those. I'm still stuck in the 70's with wy music tastes, I'm trying to expand, and I found the best way is to ask people what their favorite stuff is, and give it a try.

I know my boss introduces my to a lot of different stuff.

New music's on hold for now…2nd replacement iPod…lost ALL my music…even my 'tar…wil take time to recoup.

I'll pm you when I get more seriuos on that though.

3rdpath
May 21, 2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
is this what you are talking about? or are we talking about the 2003 one? cause this is the 2002 one and it does not look like the batmobile to me.

here's the link to the ferrari. http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/articledisplay.asp?articleid=183

one fugly auto.

and thanks for the emo info. guess i'll have to check out some of the bands you listed cuzz the term isn't really descriptive enough to me....whiney and emotional just makes me think of the smiths.....

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by mc68k
Thanks, jello. I'll have to check into those. I'm still stuck in the 70's with wy music tastes, I'm trying to expand, and I found the best way is to ask people what their favorite stuff is, and give it a try.

I know my boss introduces my to a lot of different stuff.

New music's on hold for now…2nd replacement iPod…lost ALL my music…even my 'tar…wil take time to recoup.

I'll pm you when I get more seriuos on that though.

fair enough. it doesn't hurt to give things a try, that's for sure.... what happened to your pod? mine's been good. except the freezing occasionally....

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
and thanks for the emo info. guess i'll have to check out some of the bands you listed cuzz the term isn't really descriptive enough to me....whiney and emotional just makes me think of the smiths.....

funny you mention the smiths....

a somewhat emo/indie rock band sense field covered the smiths' "what difference does it make?" i've never heard them other than the cover. so i don't know about them much... but... i like sense field, so it's a good version. i don't like covers in general though...

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


fair enough. it doesn't hurt to give things a try, that's for sure.... what happened to your pod? mine's been good. except the freezing occasionally....
First iPod— Firewire lost all I/O
Second iPod— Died. Blank screen no life.
Third— can only hope…

I baby them badly. My iPod is my baby and I treat it accordingly. Haven't taken this one out of the case— waiting for superstatic plastic pieces to protect it from scratches (my last one got some funny residue on it that wouldn't come out even w/polish!)

Just baaaad luck with a Rev A product. I love it, but each time it dies, it makes me more and more wary……I'm not the only one either. All the iPod sites state mass problems with this product. I even bitched to the geniuses and didn't have to pay the $300+ dollars it would have cost to replace it out of warranty. I think Apple knows it sucks and is giving people a break maybe………

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

First iPod— Firewire lost all I/O
Second iPod— Died. Blank screen no life.
Third— can only hope…

I baby them badly. My iPod is my baby and I treat it accordingly. Haven't taken this one out of the case— waiting for superstatic plastic pieces to protect it from scratches (my last one got some funny residue on it that wouldn't come out even w/polish!)

Just baaaad luck with a Rev A product. I love it, but each time it dies, it makes me more and more wary……I'm not the only one either. All the iPod sites state mass problems with this product. I even bitched to the geniuses and didn't have to pay the $300+ dollars it would have cost to replace it out of warranty. I think Apple knows it sucks and is giving people a break maybe………

hmm. it always sucks to hear about apple products sucking it up at all...

have there been any of these problems with the 10 gb that you know of?

also, i figure when/if you want, i can get a folder of like 5 songs and stuff it.... what type of connection are you on?

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


krossfyter... i thought you actually WEREN'T religious? something about fighting the cross...

what's the story?
I don't want to speak for him, but I assumed from this (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4762&perpage=30&highlight=handle&pagenumber=2) post.

3rdpath
May 21, 2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


funny you mention the smiths....

a somewhat emo/indie rock band sense field covered the smiths' "what difference does it make?" i've never heard them other than the cover. so i don't know about them much... but... i like sense field, so it's a good version. i don't like covers in general though...

so maybe i'm not that far off...

bands doing covers is a tricky feat....and can be the kiss of death. i always know a band sucks if the first single they release is a cover-if the best you can do is someone else's material you should just hang it up.

if you can take the tune and turn it inside out -it can be a cool thing.
i need to check out sense field.

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


hmm. it always sucks to hear about apple products sucking it up at all...

have there been any of these problems with the 10 gb that you know of?

also, i figure when/if you want, i can get a folder of like 5 songs and stuff it.... what type of connection are you on?
Cable modem……yeah, that'd be awesome!!!

I don't know much about the 10Gigers only enough to know that they're basically the same save a few resistors and bigger HD (from the take apart on iPoding.com)

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
so maybe i'm not that far off...

bands doing covers is a tricky feat....and can be the kiss of death. i always know a band sucks if the first single they release is a cover-if the best you can do is someone else's material you should just hang it up.

if you can take the tune and turn it inside out -it can be a cool thing.
i need to check out sense field.

yeah... sense field have done 2. both of which well into their careers. and just kinda randomly for tribute albums or whatever...

if you're interested, i could email you a couple sense field songs. if you have a decent speed. let me nkow... i could just send a few. a variety.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Cable modem……yeah, that'd be awesome!!!

I don't know much about the 10Gigers only enough to know that they're basically the same save a few resistors and bigger HD (from the take apart on iPoding.com)

ok. give me a MB size to aim for and i'll get some going.

are you into hard stuff? if not, i can leave out a few bands.... word.

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


ok. give me a MB size to aim for and i'll get some going.

are you into hard stuff? if not, i can leave out a few bands.... word.
Are you going to host it on a server or something? There's no MB limit, I can have my comp DL all night…just give me a broad range…i like almost anything…as they say, cheers!

Hard stuff is cool, after all, I like old Metallica. :)

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Are you going to host it on a server or something? There's no MB limit, I can have my comp DL all night…just give me a broad range…i like almost anything…as they say, cheers!

Hard stuff is cool, after all, I like old Metallica. :)

ahh, no server or anything, just wanted to know if you had a limit...

ok then, so pm me your email address or something... eh?

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Really, wow! I know you're Christian, ever get into christian music much? I only think there's a few bands worth listening to (old Supertones, Smalltown Poets, Jars of Clay, Five Iron Frenzy, Ace Troubleshooter).



yeah i know all them bands. back before i became Christian i heard the jars of clay song "flood" (most people have) and i thought it was amazing. i found out they were Christian and i was STUNNED!!! It shattered my pre concived notions that all christians make crappy music. Soon after that I became Christian (not because of the song or anything) and i discovered a whole new world of music that genarlly sounds like the popluar stuff out there just with positive christian lyrics and so i know of a ton of these bands by now...that was like 5 or six years ago or something. Today i dont jamm to jars of clay or supertones or anything like that right now im jamming to Stavesacre (who are christians in a rock band not a christian rock band) ....the music is very artful in modern rock way and full of hope and creativity. These guys are better then most of thier secular counterparts.

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath


here's the link to the ferrari. http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/articledisplay.asp?articleid=183

one fugly auto.




well i dont know what to think of it yet. give me sometime. dang....ummm nah....laters.

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


krossfyter... i thought you actually WEREN'T religious? something about fighting the cross...

what's the story?

sense field's singer is christian. when asked if he was "every day i pray to jesus to be a better christian"... in his humble, amazing way....

damn, check out sense field mc... do it!


yeah check that link man. im not religious ....that not what i classify myself as. im not into that ritualistic ...praying to statues thing and chanting in front of candles stuff. im not into bashing people with the word either. i try to be compasionate no matter what one beliefs or doesnt.

dig it!

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter



yeah check that link man. im not religious ....that not what i classify myself as. im not into that ritualistic ...praying to statues thing and chanting in front of candles stuff. im not into bashing people with the word either. i try to be compasionate no matter what one beliefs or doesnt.

dig it!

I dig. That's my philo too. I hate it when people call it a religion. It's a faith. And I don't bash other's either, just make my position known.

Candles— LOL

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by mc68k


I dig. That's my philo too. I hate it when people call it a religion. It's a faith. And I don't bash other's either, just make my position known.

Candles— LOL


exactly! keep the faith and rock on!

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 02:33 AM
keep hope alive.

so then christian just in the sense of believing in jesus and the like eh?

word up.

yeah, no good looking down on others' faiths/beliefs.

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
keep hope alive.

so then christian just in the sense of believing in jesus and the like eh?

word up.

yeah, no good looking down on others' faiths/beliefs.
Word, Jesus saves. That's the message. There's more to it than that, but that's the meat of it.

I leave God to sort out the rest, no judgements here (if I can help it).

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Word, Jesus saves. That's the message. There's more to it than that, but that's the meat of it.

I leave God to sort out the rest, no judgements here (if I can help it).

i can't help it usually. but i try. more and more lately.

i'm not perfect by any stretch.

i think you'll like sense field.

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:41 AM
true dat!



so now i could use some pizza. to late to order...hmmmm..

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
true dat!



so i now i could use some pizza. to late to order...hmmmm..
Pizza, got some in the fridge, too bad we can't share (damn thing called technology).

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 02:45 AM
i've got some too. too bad my freaking parents insist on getting pepperoni.

we go out to eat, me and the bros get cheese, and finish it. the parents get pep. and don't finish.

so we have pep left overs. and i'm screwed. not eating the meat.

i'm hungry, so i should go to bed

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by mc68k

Pizza, got some in the fridge, too bad we can't share (damn thing called technology).



awww man. what kind you got?

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter

awww man. what kind you got?

for ****'s sake, go to bed you freak!

mc68k
May 21, 2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


for ****'s sake, go to bed you freak!
LOL!!

I was just about to go to bed when I got this one! I think it's sausage and pepperoni. Hungry Howies style. Day old. Yum yum. But I think I'll save for work tom.

'Night ya'll. Oh no, redneck speak…

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


for ****'s sake, go to bed you freak!


ummm no. i dont hit the sack until 6 in the am!

Ensign Paris
May 21, 2002, 03:51 AM
6am! That would be insane, I only do that when there is a GP late at night or a keynote late at night!

u guys r insane! or is it everyone else in the world who is insane and we r normal?

Ensign

britboy
May 21, 2002, 04:00 AM
mad dogs and englishmen. I'll say no more.... :)

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
6am! That would be insane, I only do that when there is a GP late at night or a keynote late at night!

u guys r insane! or is it everyone else in the world who is insane and we r normal?

Ensign


hehe. yeah insane yep.

i only get 4 hours of sleep. thats all i need. i have programmed my body through much work to do this. i run with no problem throughout the day.

im not normal. a normal person needs 7 to 8 hours of sleep. i dont. should i be worried or should i throw some confetti around for myself?

Ensign Paris
May 21, 2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
is this what you are talking about? or are we talking about the 2003 one? cause this is the 2002 one and it does not look like the batmobile to me.

That is one hell of a cool car, I wish I could drive (I can, but not legally :)) and I also wish there was a road version :)

Ensign

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
hehe. yeah insane yep.

i only get 4 hours of sleep. thats all i need. i have programmed my body through much work to do this. i run with no problem throughout the day.

im not normal. a normal person needs 7 to 8 hours of sleep. i dont. should i be worried or should i throw some confetti around for myself?

go the confetti route. in your line of work (carnival freakshow), you need all the attention you can get.

can you program the 4 hours thing into me too?

krossfyter
May 21, 2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


go the confetti route. in your line of work (carnival freakshow), you need all the attention you can get.

can you program the 4 hours thing into me too?


alright then.


yes you can do it yourself. you just need a summer to do it in? some time that is. do you have it?

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter

alright then.

yes you can do it yourself. you just need a summer to do it in? some time that is. do you have it?

well i wanted you to do it for me.

i have a hard time sleeping at home. so i usually end up laying in bed after i wake up cause it's too early and whatnot. and then i just get more tired. odd how that works.

Mr. Anderson
May 21, 2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


well i wanted you to do it for me.

i have a hard time sleeping at home. so i usually end up laying in bed after i wake up cause it's too early and whatnot. and then i just get more tired. odd how that works.

But then if you're so lazy, what would you do with all the extra time? I wouldn't mind not having to sleep 7 hours a night. How do you do it, krosfyter?

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


But then if you're so lazy, what would you do with all the extra time? I wouldn't mind not having to sleep 7 hours a night. How do you do it, krosfyter?

make 3D animations about a ball bouncing all over the earth. what else?

ha. i guess that's the idea. if i weren't tired from not sleeping enough, or too much, i'd be less lazy. at least less. ha

Gelfin
May 21, 2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
That is why I wanted to know what each meant, so that if I am going to save a few keystrokes or to keep my teachers at class from what I said to a student.

Heh. Gosh, I remember when I was sixteen and all adults were stupid. :)

I'm more than old enough to be your teacher, and I grew up with a teacher as a parent, and believe me, for the most part, they know EXACTLY what you're saying, even when you think they don't. I'm pretty sure this has been a source of endless amusement to teachers for as long as there have been teachers.