Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdp5008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Florida
Hey everyone.

I have a new Pentax K200d and I am trying to load the raw (.pef) files into Aperture 2.1. I have updated Aperture so it is supposed to support raw files from the K200d. When I try to import the files into Aperture from my camera I can see the thumbnails, but for each file it says "Unsupported Image Format" against a maroon background.

Anyone have this issue? I am pretty bummed that my new camera and new software aren't playing nice.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
One more thing to check is that you've selected the 2.1 raw engine. Aperture allows you to select that or any of the older ones. You do need the a recent version of Leopard if you want to use the 2.1 engine it will not work with Tiger.

rdp5008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Florida
I can switch the RAW output to .DNG instead of .PEF

However, I thought .PEF takes up less space and is the preferred RAW format for Pentax. I have read on Apple and Penatx forums that people have been able to import .PEF files from Pentax K200d (and other models).

Hmm...

rdp5008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Florida
Okay, I lied. I didn't install the new iLife update (because I don't have iLife on this computer) and I just did and that seemed to fix the issue! I don't know why that would do it, but it did.

Thanks for the responses, I'll keep you posted if any new issues arise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.