Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
NY
From Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5027984/iwata-so-very-very-sorry-for-nintendos-e3-presser):
"If there is any perception that Nintendo is ignoring the core gamers, it's a misunderstanding and we really want to get rid of that misunderstanding by any means. We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically for those who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about 'Super Mario' or 'Legend of Zelda.'"-Satoru Iwata

Well, that helps fill the void but Nintendo's E3 Keynote was still the worst

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
For Nintendo/him to flat out use the word "sorry" is a big deal, particularly following all of the spin (BS) that has been coming out in recent articles. Well off the beaten path of "look over here!" or "you missed our point" or ignoring the bad reviews most companies would do. Have to say I'm a little impressed.

My favorite quote in what I've read in responses to the E3 debacle:

Anthony from vooks.net said:
E3 is the premier expo for video games. The casual market should not be the primary focus there. I am well aware of Nintendo's new attitude towards E3, but I think it is absolute garbage. All major expos cater towards their most die-hard fans, so then I guess E3 is unique? It caters towards an audience that isn't even aware the event is on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.