Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
Ok, I have re-synced once, replacing all data on my portable with data from Mobile Me and the service is set to sync automatically now and merge data.

So why does a message come up periodically saying that sync needs further attention and asks me if i want to merge data, select another option from a drop-down box (like replace all data on this computer) and require me to hit the sync button in this dialog box again?

I know this is all supposed to work transparently, but I must have something wrong somewhere?

HELP!

bash54

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2008
anyone know?

I am experiencing the same problem. I have tried 'merge all data' and 'replace data on computer' yet I still get this prompt every hour requiring me to select an option before it will sync.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
When MobileMe was first released I signed up. At that time I started to use "Automatic" Sync. I had some initial problems so I switched to Manual Sync for a while. Then when to Daily Sync and I think I am now on hourly Sync. Haven't had any problems since. Really not sure why and have not went back to testing Automatic. I just thought at the time that there was really no reason for the Automatic for my needs. If I felt I needed something ASAP I just did a Sync Now. Anyway, I think since then most of my stuff gets Pushed (I think). You may want to try Manual Sync until you get everything working properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.