PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Album Artwork for Single Album in Cover Flow

wowurrcool
Jul 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
In preparation for a new iPod Touch purchase, I have been sorting through my songs in iTunes and pairing each with their album artwork.

However, with some albums I have 3 or 4 of the same cover when I look at my music with Cover Flow.

I have tried putting the exact same picture for them, the same year of release, track numbers, etc.

:confused:What am I doing Wrong?:confused:

Thanks

TuffLuffJimmy
Jul 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
If they have a difference artist you have to check the box that says "compilation"

what I would do first is select all, get info, then check all the boxes like "album artist, composer, grouping", and leave them blank (unless you know the correct data)

If that doesn't work it's an issue with iTunes' database, so you should just delete from iTunes and then reimport the songs.

elmateo487
Jul 23, 2008, 01:16 PM
i have been having this same problem.

There are 2 things i usually do because it annoys me SO much.

Lets say you have... 10 songs from one album "The City Sleeps in Flames". All by the band Scary Kids Scaring Kids, but you have a bunch of albums in coverflow.

Select all ten songs, go to get info, and change the name of the band to Scary Kids Scaring Kid (notice the last letter S is left out) and do the same to the Album (The City sleeps in flame) (the point being is to change the band info, and album info)

Let it update the songs, then change them back to what they were originally.

Or you can select them all, go to get info, select the album art checkmark, let it delete all the album artwork. then reimport it yourself.

The 1st option works almost all the time for me. It is VERY annoying. But its something i have not found a fix for.

p.s. i was kinda disappointed with Death Cabs new CD. I still think they wrote better stuff with the postal service

wowurrcool
Jul 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
Both of these worked! :D:D

Thanks SO much for the help!
:apple:

elmateo487
Jul 23, 2008, 01:24 PM
no problem buddy. Enjoy it!