PDA

View Full Version : iPod Linux

opivy1218
Jul 23, 2008, 06:49 PM
Anyone here use it? I'm getting a classic soon, and am probably going to put ipod linux on it, but the classic isn't currently supported. Does anyone know if the project is still going on? Their homepage is just blank now.
Also, to you who do or have used it, what are the games like on it? Doom and NES games for example, are they easy to control?

elmateo487
Jul 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
last i heard it doesnt work at all on the Classic. I have an old OLD ipod photo and ipod linux on that thing back in the day was the SHIZ. Game boy games, nintendo games, doom, paint, you name it.

adamerr
Jul 25, 2008, 07:15 AM
last i heard it doesnt work at all on the Classic. I have an old OLD ipod photo and ipod linux on that thing back in the day was the SHIZ. Game boy games, nintendo games, doom, paint, you name it.

hey, i had an iPod Photo as well, until i took it apart :p

the iPod Linux app bricked it.
:(

r.j.s
Jul 25, 2008, 07:19 AM
I put it on my 5G Video, it worked and the games were cool (Doom), but I took it off after deciding that I just wanted the iPod to be a music player. iPod Linux is a novelty really.

adamerr
Jul 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
I put it on my 5G Video, it worked and the games were cool (Doom), but I took it off after deciding that I just wanted the iPod to be a music player. iPod Linux is a novelty really.

did you ever manage to get the Gameboy working ?
im just wondering because i tried it but it was too hard to get working/ control.

r.j.s
Jul 25, 2008, 07:23 AM
did you ever manage to get the Gameboy working ?
im just wondering because i tried it but it was too hard to get working/ control.

I think I ran into the same thing, I may have tried it once, but gave up because it was too hard to control.

The click wheel can only do so much.

adamerr
Jul 25, 2008, 07:31 AM
I think I ran into the same thing, I may have tried it once, but gave up because it was too hard to control.

The click wheel can only do so much.

agreed.
shame though, the screen displayed all of the colours rather nicely.