Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gjh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2008
I'm want to install windows vista on my macbook pro. I have been shopping around the internet and found that the windows vista 64 bit for system builders is a lot cheeper than the regular version. Will this work? I was at best buy earlier today looking at the home premium version and it didn't come with the 64 bit install DVD. if i cant use the system builders anyway other to buy the 64 bit version without getting the ultimate?

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm want to install windows vista on my macbook pro. I have been shopping around the internet and found that the windows vista 64 bit for system builders is a lot cheeper than the regular version. Will this work? I was at best buy earlier today looking at the home premium version and it didn't come with the 64 bit install DVD. if i cant use the system builders anyway other to buy the 64 bit version without getting the ultimate?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/64-bit.aspx

This is how I got Vista Business x64. It was $10.00 when I did it for the media, and I just used my original x32 key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.