Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drpepper99uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Hello,

I've just bought an ipod touch, however I have been using my iTunes account with my current 2nd gen iPod Nano and I'm not sure what will happen if I plug the touch into my mac-will it delete my playlist or do I have to authorize it in some way to accept music onto my touch?

Many thanks,

Michael.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
Hello,

I've just bought an ipod touch, however I have been using my iTunes account with my current 2nd gen iPod Nano and I'm not sure what will happen if I plug the touch into my mac-will it delete my playlist or do I have to authorize it in some way to accept music onto my touch?

Many thanks,

Michael.

Everything that currently syncs to your nano will go to the Touch (unless you tell it otherwise).

Anyone in disagreement?

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Everything that currently syncs to your nano will go to the Touch (unless you tell it otherwise).

Anyone in disagreement?

Agreed. My girlfriend gave her old nano to her mom who uses a shuffle. After the initial set up, the nano synced the playlist set up for the shuffle and all the songs in iTunes.

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
It will explode and the terminator will kill you (thinking that you are john conner of corse).:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.