Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Splash ID not Ready

Saw it, downloaded it, installed it and get the same results.
It WILL NOT sync with the desktop successfully as the Splash ID for the desktop "unexpectedly quits" before it has a chance to sync. Despite all of the suggestions from Splash Data, it just doesn't work :mad:

After 2 weeks of not being able to use this software I'm through! :mad:

Splash ID for the iPhone was NOT ready, and evidently still isn't ready, for Prime Time :eek:

Coram Nobis

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I can't even get the program to load on my iPhone anymore. It gets stuck loading the database. This program is awful, and I'm about ready to request a refund. I've been very patient, and Splash Data has been unresponsive.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I can't even get the program to load on my iPhone anymore. It gets stuck loading the database. This program is awful, and I'm about ready to request a refund. I've been very patient, and Splash Data has been unresponsive.

I sympathize with you and understand your frustration. Did you visit Splash Data's forum There are others having problems, particularly with sync, as well so you are not alone.

Coram Nobis

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
the program simply wasn't ready for release. I've used SplashID on my Palm for years without incident, and it was the first app I purchased after the 2.slow upgrade.

I've visited SplashData's forums, to no avail. I finally was able to get the program to sync--it was a Bonjour issue, I think I described earlier in this thread. Had to do with changing a network properties setting that finally did the trick for me.

So now, after a fresh install of the program on my iPhone, I can sync, once. Then the program fails to load on the iPhone. Frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.