PDA

View Full Version : Oakley case

Mirnyx
Jul 24, 2008, 11:17 PM
I found out Oakley is making an iphone case and decided to give it a go. I've been using the Speck ToughSkin from my original iphone on my 3G phone, it fit OK but didn't let the sensor that blacks out the screen function correctly.

This case isn't silicone, it's some type of firm rubber material and doesn't collect lint or dirt nearly as bad as the silicone case did. Oakley doesn't specify if the case is for the original iphone or the 3G phone but it fits the 3G phone perfectly. All of the cutouts and button covers are placed where they need to be. The headphone jack opening will take any standard plug. The case edges taper down to the screen so it doesn't feel bulky when touching the screen.

Although it looks like a bulky case, it doesn't feel any different than my Speck ToughSkin did in my hand or pocket. I have no doubt it will protect the phone very well from impacts.

HE15MAN
Sep 4, 2009, 07:46 AM
I found out Oakley is making an iphone case and decided to give it a go. I've been using the Speck ToughSkin from my original iphone on my 3G phone, it fit OK but didn't let the sensor that blacks out the screen function correctly.

This case isn't silicone, it's some type of firm rubber material and doesn't collect lint or dirt nearly as bad as the silicone case did. Oakley doesn't specify if the case is for the original iphone or the 3G phone but it fits the 3G phone perfectly. All of the cutouts and button covers are placed where they need to be. The headphone jack opening will take any standard plug. The case edges taper down to the screen so it doesn't feel bulky when touching the screen.

Although it looks like a bulky case, it doesn't feel any different than my Speck ToughSkin did in my hand or pocket. I have no doubt it will protect the phone very well from impacts.

Thanks for the review, I was wanting to buy one but was worried it would not fit on the 3g

dietcokemac
Sep 4, 2009, 11:04 AM
nice review! how much and where did you get it? I love cases!! I might have to add this one to my arsenal.

pourme
Sep 4, 2009, 09:33 PM
That is about the ugliest case i've ever seen!!!!..........

B737
Sep 4, 2009, 09:41 PM
That is about the ugliest case i've ever seen!!!!..........

+1

Pika
Sep 4, 2009, 09:51 PM
Get the OtterBox defender instead

EarthDawn
Sep 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
eh' .... not a fan